ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone with a V6 clio, can I film it?

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Im a student and this year get to do my own project. Im aiming to create a video similar to that of Format 67 [they do awesome car videos], & just wondered if anyone would let me film their v6? It can be parked up, stationary. Just want it to be in a cool surrounding/location. Heres some of the cars I've managed to get so far.

cars_list_zpsd2aab8ec.jpg

Petrol Blue 182.
Theres a couple in Kent from memory. Best heading over to v6clio.net and asking there.

Not too many V6 owners on here.

Can film mine if you like, im in Bracknell.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Just from that can tell you've got talent. Would love to see more of your work. What do you use to film, equipment? Edit?

Thanks mate :) I haven't got a massive amount of work online atm, I'll post up this video when it's all done. I've got a canon 550D to film. The kit lens that came with it, a 1.8 50mm lens and then a wide angle 10-22mm rented from my uni. Also rented a manfrotto steering wheel rig. Got a tripod as well.

For editing I use After Effects a lot and normally final cut but I've just started using Adobe Premiere as you can jump between the two program's with the same video file.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Dependant upon when you'd want to do it, I'd be more than happy to ferry you over to couzens place for fuel money?

I wanted to take a look at the vee anyway, so it's not too much of an inconvenience.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nice to see someone else editing with Adobe products! After Effects is incredible, I've never really managed to get my head around it though.

Thanks mate :) I haven't got a massive amount of work online atm, I'll post up this video when it's all done. I've got a canon 550D to film. The kit lens that came with it, a 1.8 50mm lens and then a wide angle 10-22mm rented from my uni. Also rented a manfrotto steering wheel rig. Got a tripod as well.

For editing I use After Effects a lot and normally final cut but I've just started using Adobe Premiere as you can jump between the two program's with the same video file.

Pretty basic kit then, if you really get into it you'll spend thousands on it all. I've got a crane and shite like that!

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Dependant upon when you'd want to do it, I'd be more than happy to ferry you over to couzens place for fuel money?

I wanted to take a look at the vee anyway, so it's not too much of an inconvenience.

That sounds pretty good mate. Im not expecting to film much more until near the end of march so i'll contact you nearer the time if you haven't gone up to have a look already :p

Nice to see someone else editing with Adobe products! After Effects is incredible, I've never really managed to get my head around it though.

Stick at it mate its an awesome program. I still don't know lots of stuff either

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Never been a fan of Adobe's editing software, I started on Sony vegas and never left it lol, Ive just become to familiar with it

I think that's exactly right mate. I've always used premiere pro, so am comfortable with it.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I don't have a mac unfortunately. Do want one, however.

How did you get the words next to the door on the Lambo CJ? I guess this is an AE technique, rather Premiere? The Gadget Show do it on their products, and I think it looks really good.

Watched it without sound and I must say, there's far too many fast cuts at the beginning, unless the soundtrack REALLY makes it work.

The fast cuts are in sync with the soundtrack which is good.. Just the soundtrack wouldn't have been my first choice :/
Good effort though! Much better then anything I'd ever be able to produce that's for sure!