ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone with aftermarket headunit and InCarTec stalk adapter

RenaultSport clio v6
I was thinking about getting one of these for my mk1 v6, but looking on car audio direct i notice that its quite a big bit of kit - i had a hard enough time getting all the gubbins with the alpine head unit behind it, and getting the head unit to go right back into the dash.

anyone got one? what have you done with all the leads as i just cant see it all fitting

edit: as in one of these - http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=3474&cadid=4c45bd28f709409f1b87074a5204f0f1

Lee

BMW M2C
Funny you should just post about that, I was just looking to see if they have finally made one compatible with 05 Clios.

I had one, and it is a pig to get it behind the dash in a Phase 2, but it's possible with a lot of messing. If you reach back you can actually tuck a lot of the wire underneath the headunit and behind the centre console. It's not really that big, it's more the wire that's hard to get out the way.

RenaultSport clio v6
yeah, like i say it probably took me half an hour to get the wires behind the alpine just right so the head unit would go all the way in (only just).

I wouldnt mind one of the adapters, but i just cant see how it would fit :mad:

not without getting behind the head unit as it goes in anyway.

Lee

BMW M2C
Same thing with mine, but believe it or not it's no harder with the extra stuff, provided you tuck it into the gap underneath the headunit.

It took me ages to get mine all the way back too.

And still no control or display adaptor for 2005 Clios.:mad:

1.2 16v clio
i got one of these it wo a reet biatch 2 sort out i got the wrong 1 first time personal fault. 2nd time i ad the keys in so it shrotd it and needed resetin so sent it back and 3rd time it wo fittd 2 a different headunit but i no how 2 change that now. hehe. its not hard 2 fit. it wo a bit hard 2 get all the wires down the back but it workd=