ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

apex lowering on my 182 cup (advice please)!!

clio 182 cup
Hey peeps,

just looking at apex springs an it says 40mm drop (cant afford coilovers). My clio got cup pack and the kit says it fits 172/182 but nothing about the cup will this go on my cup??? Also is it ok to lower the car this low on standard shocks?

Any advice will be great,

thanks Daz

Golf R
don't do it... Bubbles old 182 had them fitted and they sagged big style... by the time we took them off they were nearer 50/55mm drop. fit for the bin only

Za**** & Xr250R
There's alot of mixed feeling toward's the apex people say the ride is too hard, imo the whole idea of getting the spring's is not only to lower your car but to improve handling also and they have improved my handling quite a bit as for problem's i'm yet to have any :D

Roadster Coupe
I had some apex springs on my Ph2 172 when i had it and I didnt find them to harsh, if anything, the ride is more harsh in my standard cooper S than it was in my 172. people who say there harsh are whimps :rasp:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if you like your car to handle like a spazzy on an ice rink and look nice and low then go for them.

if you like to drive your car quick and enjoy the handling then stick to standard or go for sportlines/prolines/h&R or coilovers

clio 172 cup
just fitted apex springs to my 172cup, IMO ride is slightly harsher then standard but not as bad as people make out. think it also handles a lot better aswell