ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple WWDC '09

Ouch

You don't need a monthly contract to get an iPhone 3G. There are three models to choose from:

• iPhone 3G 8GB - £342.50
  • iPhone 3G S 16GB - £440.40
  • iPhone 3G S 32GB - £538.30

Upgrade

If you're already with us on Pay Monthly, you can upgrade to the new iPhone 3G when it's time to upgrade. It's usually the last month of your contract, but you can check at My O2

Hmmm. Wheres the contract prices?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Didn't think it'd be that much! Thought they'd drop the price for the 3G and have the 3G S 16GB at the same price :( Been waiting since Jan so will get it anyhoo.

Final decision: Black or white???

I've just changed my laptop from white to gloss and matt black, new gloss black mouse on the way, gloss black tv, think I should match it all together lol

Clio 182 cup'd
How long do people think 02 will continue to sell the old 3g one on contract for free? I want one but dont want to miss out, and dont want to pay silly money for a new 3gs!!

SLK 350
White is shite, just looks too try hard. Black would be my choice again.

To answer my question then, I buy a dev license. I can download 3.0, right now? Yes/No.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
FINALLY! Looks like the 16GB on the 34 quid one for 24 months is the best bet.

For those who have bought one before around the release date, is it best to try and get one from the store or just order online?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Also, with this voice memo thing, does it just record the voice or can it turn the voice recording into text too?

GW RS200
It's a nice improvement in lots of ways, but not convincing me to upgrade from the 3G. Gutted it looks absolutely identical TBH...

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
FINALLY! Looks like the 16GB on the 34 quid one for 24 months is the best bet.

For those who have bought one before around the release date, is it best to try and get one from the store or just order online?

online usually does added texts or somthing to the contract as an offer. But since their online deals matches their in store ones it makes no difference. I bought my 16 guid 2 weeks ago in store.

Really though what happened to all this glowing Apple bullshit? For the first time with Apple i'm VERY dissappointed.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Rang O2 this morning and they won't let me upgrade till the 19th!!!!

And they wouldn't let me pre-order :(

Am I being a dumbass? I'm watching the keynote HD quicktime video but, for the life of me, I can't find anything regarding the new iPhone handset.

Scirocco GT 2.0
I just have the feeling Apple are just ripping people off. Shock Horror.

This iPhone 3G-S could have been released in the first place! The technology etc was there, other phones have had Video and voice control for e.g. for years with higher MP too. What's ever more dumb is it looks exactly the same! So someone who has just splashed out on the S might aswell have a normal 3G from the point of view that no one is going to ask "Is that the new iPhone?" because unless you know about them it doesn't stand out.

They brought out watered down versions on purpose then did stupid little upgrades because they know Mac-Geeks would fap and buy.

They started something revolutionary but haven't carried it on! Spoils it for me.

Last edited:
I just have the feeling Apple are just ripping people off. Shock Horror.

This iPhone 3G-S could have been released in the first place! The technology etc was there, other phones have had Video and voice control for e.g. for years with higher MP too. What's ever more dumb is it looks exactly the same! So someone who has just splashed out on the S might aswell have a normal 3G from the point of view that no one is going to ask "Is that the new iPhone?" because unless you know about them it doesn't stand out.

They brought out watered down versions on purpose then did stupid little upgrades because they know Mac-Geeks would fap and buy.

They started something revolutionary but haven't carried it on! Spoils it for me.

Some inetersting points. The iPhone was known for lacking some features when it was released. It's easy to argue that the phone should have had these features from the outset but, if it did, there would have been nothing for the anti-Apple fanboys to moan about. Through constant development they have improved the handset and the software, and now the anti-Apple fanboys can only complain that they used to have something to complain about.

It's never really been about groundbreaking features. It's been about a groundbreaking GUI that changes the way we interact with our cell phones. It has done and, is continuing to do, exactly that. Who cares what it looks like? Who cares if anyone is going to ask you if you have the latest phone? Needy?

Scirocco GT 2.0
Some inetersting points. The iPhone was known for lacking some features when it was released. It's easy to argue that the phone should have had these features from the outset but, if it did, there would have been nothing for the anti-Apple fanboys to moan about. Through constant development they have improved the handset and the software, and now the anti-Apple fanboys can only complain that they used to have something to complain about.

It's never really been about groundbreaking features. It's been about a groundbreaking GUI that changes the way we interact with our cell phones. It has done and, is continuing to do, exactly that. Who cares what it looks like? Who cares if anyone is going to ask you if you have the latest phone? Needy?

Well they are fasion accessories after all aren't they? ;)

But do you know what I mean? What's the point in a new phone that looks the same as the old one?

It's like me going out and buying another Clio exactly the same as my current one in every way except with 0.2 litres more engine capacity.

Well they are fasion accessories after all aren't they? ;)

But do you know what I mean? What's the point in a new phone that looks the same as the old one?

It's like me going out and buying another Clio exactly the same as my current one in every way except with 0.2 litres more engine capacity.

It might be to you but, no, not for me. I love mine because it's fantastic to use. I couldn't personally give a hoot what anyone else thinks about my choice of cell phone. Also, since it's already far and away the best looking phone available, it's a bit bent to be complaining about the new one not looking different.

The new handset offers enough new features for it to be a worthwhile improvement. People not in contract, will benefit from increased funtionality and, those tied to their current contract have 3.0 to look forward to. No one loses out really. I suppose it would have been better for the new machine to be able cure AIDS. Then the anti-Apple guys could all complain about how users are being screwed by not being able to upgrade.

They're a fantastic looking & feeling handset. The UI and software is second to none, and it's extremely stable. Not much to dislike IMO. Some people just like to be anti-fanboys and think it's cool to be different, when in actual fact, they're just losing out on an epic phone.

Done.

Scirocco GT 2.0
It might be to you but, no, not for me. I love mine because it's fantastic to use. I couldn't personally give a hoot what anyone else thinks about my choice of cell phone. Also, since it's already far and away the best looking phone available, it's a bit bent to be complaining about the new one not looking different.

The new handset offers enough new features for it to be a worthwhile improvement. People not in contract, will benefit from increased funtionality and, those tied to their current contract have 3.0 to look forward to. No one loses out really. I suppose it would have been better for the new machine to be able cure AIDS. Then the anti-Apple guys could all complain about how users are being screwed by not being able to upgrade.

They're a fantastic looking & feeling handset. The UI and software is second to none, and it's extremely stable. Not much to dislike IMO. Some people just like to be anti-fanboys and think it's cool to be different, when in actual fact, they're just losing out on an epic phone.

Done.

I'm not denying that the iPhone is a good phone our business contract is with O2 and they give us iPhones

Like I said, I just think they have stalled when it comes to created revolutionary technology.

But who knows what the next gen will hold, unless they want to nurse the current one through for ages yet.

I'm not denying that the iPhone is a good phone our business contract is with O2 and they give us iPhones

Like I said, I just think they have stalled when it comes to created revolutionary technology.

But who knows what the next gen will hold, unless they want to nurse the current one through for ages yet.

Apple already created the revolution with the original iPhone. Now it's evolution of an already superb handset. I don't see the problem.

As for nursing it through, the only word I can think of is delusion. Have you seen the promo video? Nursing a semi maybe :D

Scirocco GT 2.0
Apple_ThinkDifferent.jpg

Fiat Panda 100hp
Just sat and watched the conference, love apple's image. It's so simple and sharp (if you know what I mean).

New iphone is good and it's the software that makes it tbh. The above talk that apple haven't produced anything new hardware wise is bull, look at what they are doing elsewhere! They could have produced something amazing, but then they would lose what the iphone is at the moment and roy is spot on with the new iphone, why change the design when it works so well?! So the 3G uses can just upgrade the software. With the camera, it's not all about MP ;) The more MP on a small sensor the worse the IQ is, ask anyone in the camera world.

Wish I had one now :(

Oh and new Snow Leopard looks mint, and the price for upgrading!!!! $29!