ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Approx Cost of this damage ?

Scirocco GT TSi 2.0
Seen a 197 for sale at a really competitive price, low miles for the age and has a full service history and belts done about 10,000 miles ago.

The caveat is the roof damage shown below. What i would like to know is will be a major expensive job for this to be completely fixed ? this model is going for about £1200 lower for its age/miles etc than others so i wont look at buying it if the repair bill is £1500 onwards !
Hopefully ive made sense.

photo.gif

Much, much less than £1200 anyway. That's a simple repair. I'd budget £300 to be safe but you'd get it done for less than that.

Renault Clio 197 Cup
I bet you could get a carbon roof for £1500!

But i very much doubt it would cost anywhere near that to correct it! Id be suprised if its much more than £300 odd really!

Scirocco GT TSi 2.0
Thanks for all the replies gents appreciated.

is this from stafford by any chance?

Yep I believe it is, here is where you say you know it and its a dog of a car :p

Tbh ive been looking about only for a couple of days and this caught my eye price wise really (as i do want blue). The traders were very prompt in answering Q's and gladly not shying away from sending me pics of the damage !

george 172,205,metro
its at a place called autovogue and they do some very nice cars, plus side is they have a bodyshop i think, so might be worth asking them on a price with the car repaired??

Renault clio 2005
^ An hours work? To strip, fill, paint and polish a roof?

​No.

Whole roof would NOT need to be repainted. stage 1 get the damaged area back to bare metal. stage two use some rust proof paint. then add filler. wet and dry it down then re fill with finer filler then prime wet and dry. then apply 3 thin top coats and 2 coats of laquer on top. If there is any colour match problems use auto glym paint restoration stuff. then apply 2 coats of super resin polish. SIMPLES.

Whole roof would NOT need to be repainted. stage 1 get the damaged area back to bare metal. stage two use some rust proof paint. then add filler. wet and dry it down then re fill with finer filler then prime wet and dry. then apply 3 thin top coats and 2 coats of laquer on top. If there is any colour match problems use auto glym paint restoration stuff. then apply 2 coats of super resin polish. SIMPLES.

FLOL. I don't know where to begin with that. Even if you were to only part spray the roof it's a lot more than an hours work :S

​The guy wants his new car repaired properly. Not a £500 shed half arsed with some rattle tins.

Renault clio 2005
FLOL. I don't know where to begin with that. Even if you were to only part spray the roof it's a lot more than an hours work :S

​The guy wants his new car repaired properly. Not a £500 shed half arsed with some rattle tins.

Yes I totally agree the proper way would be to respray the whole roof. But A good repair could be done without it being noticeable to most people. I did not suggest rattle cans. R.e the time taken yes I agree it would be more than a hour with drying and curing times. But a bodyshop would have other projects to be getting on with while this was happening. The actual time spent working on the damage would not be more than 1 hour for a good bodyshop. The roof is one of the areas on a car that alot of people do not pay much attention to. I knolw from personal experience a good repair could be done without a full roof respray. It is Up to the o.p which route he goes down.

The actual time spent working on the damage would not be more than 1 hour for a good bodyshop.

So the bodyshop is only going to charge for the time they've spent sorting the dent out, then just throw in the materials, paint, running costs of the booth and the painter's labour for free?

Have you had a black roof repaired and part sprayed then?

Renault clio 2005
So the bodyshop is only going to charge for the time they've spent sorting the dent out, then just throw in the materials, paint, running costs of the booth and the painter's labour for free?

Have you had a black roof repaired and part sprayed then?

No have never had black roof repaired and sprayed by bodyshop.

And the bodyshop Hourly rate should also cover costs and materials. I am sure there are many who will charge for the time they are sat down having a cup of a tea though.

I did a small dent repair to a roof when I had My bmw it worked out well was a grey roof on a e30 was needeed filling then painting. I did it but the colour match was bad. that was due to the roof being slightly faded by sunlight and stuff. used a da on it and the repair blended in perfectly. I did need to detail the whole car then lol cause the roof looked so much fresher than the rest of the car lol.

172 Cup
PMSL you would never do a smart repair in the middle of the roof. The whole panel needs lacquering out for a proper job.
As people have said your looking at approx £300 and possibly more if the front screen needs remove and refit. Depends if the top screen seal can be masked properly or needs to come out.

Two coats of SRP? Do you realise SRP is a polish (the clue being in the title)?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Jesus wept. I'm pretty sure the internet died for a few moments when this was posted.