ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aqua wax

ive just waxed my car with it it smells fab :eek: :D really easy to use be interesting to see how it lasts i thought it was ment to cure on the paint i only needed to wipe it once to apply/dry it :S

the car looks really nice i had planed a proper polish but it kept raining :(

Last edited:

BBC

CLIO 182 & Astra TwinTop
Great stuff, really easy to apply after a wash, just wipe off excess water and spray on the Aquawax with a microfibre cloth, does wheels, tyres, glass, all black trim, everything!!!! Let it dry and wipe off with fresh cloth. brilliant result and lasts at least as long as EGP. Smells fab too.

Great stuff, really easy to apply after a wash, just wipe off excess water and spray on the Aquawax with a microfibre cloth, does wheels, tyres, glass, all black trim, everything!!!! Let it dry and wipe off with fresh cloth. brilliant result and lasts at least as long as EGP. Smells fab too.
hmm maybe thats why i couldnt see though my glass this morning :(

BBC

CLIO 182 & Astra TwinTop
You have to let it dry properly then polish it off with a clean microfibre cloth, then it works really well, glass too, but it says on the bottle not to use on windscreen!.

You have to let it dry properly then polish it off with a clean microfibre cloth, then it works really well, glass too, but it says on the bottle not to use on windscreen!.

where does it say that i found the instructions vague

i may need to perfect my aqua wax aplication id have rather used my srp an egp but the weather was against me an i was desprate to get something on it

Megane R26
First time I used it as instructed and got great results. Second time, I used foam applicators and buffed it off and for some reason the finish was a lot poorer... bizarre, I guess you should follow the instructions :)

106 GTi
I find i works better on the paintwork when there is a bit of water left on the panel.

No where near EGP levels of durability though - 4 weeks of so.

1.8 Civic EX
Just got me some of this...is it worth putting in on over a layer of EGP?

I was thinking of cleaning the car tonight and giving it some EGP. Then a quick clean down tomorrow and apply some of this?

Car already has a good helping of SRP and at least one layer of EGP on it

106 GTi
Ideal for a quick spruce up after a wash. Would get the amount of layers of EGP you want on first though.

1.8 Civic EX
cheers Rich, kinda what I was thinking...one more layer of EGP tonight me thinks..then I'll give this stuff a go

Megane R26
3 layers of EGP I find to be the magic number...

I have tried LOADS of waxes/LSP's in the past 6 months but I still keep coming back to PC'd SRP and 3 x EGP - amazing finish, especially on black!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Aqua wax is good for a quick top up, did mine 3weeks ago, still beading nicely.

Megane R26
Rich - can you link me to the pics of your 182 with EGP on please?

That car first got me into detailing - it looked amazing!

106 GTi
These are the only pics I can find of it with SRP and EGP on - http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/r-jay-clio/Autoglym/

IMG_5841.jpg

IMG_5848.jpg

IMG_5794.jpg

IMG_5775.jpg

IMG_5784.jpg

Megane R26
I asusme you started with that and progressed to BoS etc?

I still prefer the wetter look of a sealant instead of wax.

106 GTi
I always used to use a SRP and EGP base during the winter, until I found Jeffs which then was the base sealant, always topped with a wax though.

During the summer I never bother with Sealants and just use a Glaze and Wax combo.

W

Willy

My old man picked up some of this not to long ago. I'm a car detailing newbie so I think its great stuff, and the smell until i realised it smelt like works toilets.

1.8 Civic EX
is it a case of cover the whole car and leave for a bit before buffing off ala EGP

or a couple of pannels at a time like SRP?

106 GTi
I found it worked better while the cars is still wet from washing. Apply to one panel with a Microfiber, spreading it evenly on the panel, then immediately buff to a shine with another cloth.

Megane R26
As Rich says, apply it when the water is still on the car as per AG's instructions.

If you apply it like a 'normal' wax it yields far less impressive results.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I went and got some today, seen as a few friends have been raving on about the stuff for the last week or so. The car hasnt seen a decent wash/polish and wax for a while now. Done all three. Brillient finish.

Shed.
I always used to use a SRP and EGP base during the winter, until I found Jeffs which then was the base sealant, always topped with a wax though.

During the summer I never bother with Sealants and just use a Glaze and Wax combo.

Im unsure about jeffs The finish is really good - i wont deny that, it pulled the flake right out on the merc before the rents went away but i really do not think it lasts like egp does, and from what ive just seen egp is very good. i stopped using egp about 8 months ago, and ive only just dug it out to coat the colt with it, i do not know why the hell i stopped using it its really crisp and beads water fantasicly ! Im in two minds as to whether to forget about best of show and just use egp.

Ill have to do a 5050 on my clio, egp on one side and jeffs on the other. Its due another polish soon as ive inflicted some swirls on it

Guys, whats aqua wax ? am i right in thinking its a turtlewax product ?

106 GTi
The Jeffs lasts easily as long as EGP here. After all it is reformulated Klasse Sealant which has always been more durable than even than EGP.

Aquawax is made by Autoglym

1.8 Civic EX
can you pick it up in halfrauds ? i mgiht try it if it isnt too expensive

Aqua Wax - yes, thats where I got mine from. still not got round to using it yet although I now have my three layers of EGP so next time I wash it I'll give it a go...

120d M Sport
My mom bought some for her Merc, raved about the stuff

I use the Aqua Wax after most washes when im not putting SRP and EGP on after, just to put something on! I must say it does a pretty good job, smells nice and beads the water impressively.

Oh and Russ I notice another Walsall resident, whereabouts u from?

120d M Sport
Was short for time after cleaning my car the other day, so used the Aqua Wax. Not bad results I reckon :cool:

This was after a wash with Duragloss 901, and I used autosmart highstyle as tyreshine...

P1010212.gif