ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Archos or Ipod

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Just tell me whats worth getting, as want to get a new multimedia player

this archos 504

or apple Ipod Black 80gb

both around £200
both 80gb

i would say the ipod because of the easy link to itunes

already got a psp, but dont use the video function much

the next archos has direct tv recording which is prob what im looking for

tell me your opinions please

Cheers

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Depends what you want it for. I'd go with the Archos as it's much more versatile.

Ye i thought that, but then for me to use the archos and put my songs on i would have to move folder manually wouldnt i???

Last edited:
  05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I had a Archos AV380 (80GB) and 30GB Ipod Video and imho the Arhcos is good for watching movies/tv programmes on the go say in the car/bus xtra, but the size of the thing made it to difficult for anything else. Also I was always scared of scratching the screen as its pretty big. I could have got a case, but again it would have made it bigger.

The Ipod is still small enough to fit in your pocket and watch movies xtra, but the screen is to small + the fact that the Ipod hasn't got a built-in speaker.

It just depends what you want?. If its just to watch movies? - then I would go for the Archos, but if its more for listerning to music with the ability to watch movies. Then I would go for the Ipod imho..

Its up to you.....

RenaultSport Clio 172
I would say iPod if your primarily using it as a music player with the occasional video.