ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are my pads to close to the disc?

1.6 16v
Clio 1.6 Mk2 Ph3 (2004)

Not driven it off the drive in 2 weeks and now it seems to be making a noise when moving about the drive. Its coming from the rear brakes so wondering if the pads/discs are the problem.

Heres the rear discs and pads:

000010.jpg

Cheers Steve

1.6 16v
I know the discs need cleaning by driving it which might solve this issue but just wanted to make sure the pads and discs were the right distance apart!

Steve

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Don't know if this pic is any use, but mine look pretty close
DSCF0406.jpg

1.6 16v
A lot less rust on yours! :)

Need to take it a drive and get the rust off then see if the noise is still there!

Cheers Steve

1998 BMW e46 323i
The surface rust will be causing a grinding noise, the pads look fine. Give it a good drive, and think ahead about renewing the discs and pads in the near future, but saying that, my rear discs look 10 times worse!

320d
Look perfectly normal

Plenty left on the pads and the discs don't appear to have much of a lip on

Clean them off by driving it and see how it goes, just trickle through a quiet estate with the handbrake still applied slightly to concentrate on the rears

Lots of Alfas
After you have gone for a drive jack the rear up, and see if you can spin the wheel fairly easily. If the wheel spins with little resistance its fine.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Looks fine to me , just rusty . The pads are always close to the disc , the calipers but have a mechanism to spring back .