ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are there any pod vids/pics up yet?

Was a quality day, had an early start (6.30am) got to the services for 7.30 ish, saw scott-16v on the way and breezed past him. Got the convoy going and on the road for about 7.45am. Got to location 2 for around 8ish and met up with my mate and another clio. Then set of again straight away and got to pod for around 9ish.

However because it was frosty the track wasnt dry and wasnt dry til about 12.30 - 1 o clock which was pants, altough getting there early meant we was 3rd in the queue.

Anyway my first run (against scott) was appauling, the lights went all funky, i stalled :eek: and scott sat on the line for 8 seconds, then we went and classed it as a void run :lol: :roll: I ran 19.1 :cry:

Second run was against a kit lotus super 7, he absoluly hammered me, i got a better time than my first run tho. i ran 17.2.

Last run which was against scott again was very close, i ran 16.8 and he ran 16.6, i had him all the way until right at the line and i ran out of revs in 3rd gear where as his 16v kept going. I dont think i did to bad and im quite please i can stay up with a valver clio.

We was going to get another one in but the track marshalls where messing about loads so we went home instead, so got 3 runs in all to gether.

I only took a few pictures as it was very cold, i took one film inside the car but it didnt really work as the camera points upwards and the wiper gets in the way... (plus it shows me stalling :eek:)

However we rented a proper digital video camera, we are currently sorting it out as we recored about 10gb of racing, we are sorting out the clios and trying to smallen the files as 1 race is about 12mb at the moment.

They should be uploaded tonight tho

anyway here are a couple of pics that i took whilst waiting to start.

01010001.JPG

01010002.JPG

01010003.JPG

Beetle
lol:slap:
my lights didn't operate right on the first run, hence me sitting there for 8 seconds:clown: :eek:

mk1 phase 3
lol at you 2!!! well done for getting pics/vids. hope u had a good time :) while i wasnt!!!! :(
ill wait for the stuff to be uploaded then :)

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Check out this one, it shows you how fecking cold it was with all that frost on the ground.

I also did 3 runs, a 15.5, a 15.3 and finally a 15.1 just pipping an Integra Type R by 0.08 of a second.
Next time I will take my back seats, spare wheel and sub out which should get me into the 14s

Rob

A couple more pics

Shibbers (Rob) 172

01010004.JPG

My mates Saxo VTS, ran 15.5 today and beat a Impreza WRX by 0.100 of a sec, he was f**king well chuffed.

01010005.JPG

Audi TT 225 Quattro
just got back myself, was a very good day apart from traction problems, got 4 runs in all, best was 15.1 and worst was 16.8:( , took quite a few pics so ill try get some up tonight... london convoy up was very good;)

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Shibber said:
Check out this one, it shows you how fecking cold it was with all that frost on the ground.

I also did 3 runs, a 15.5, a 15.3 and finally a 15.1 just pipping an Integra Type R by 0.08 of a second.
Next time I will take my back seats, spare wheel and sub out which should get me into the 14s

Rob

Sorry forgot to add the Pic

Attachments

• Santa Pod RWYB 29-01-06 CS.jpg
    Santa Pod RWYB 29-01-06 CS.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 93
  Evo VI Tommi Makinen
RSi Dave said:
A couple more pics

Shibbers (Rob) 172

01010004.JPG

My mates Saxo VTS, ran 15.5 today and beat a Impreza WRX by 0.100 of a sec, he was f**king well chuffed.

01010005.JPG

Nice pic of mine Dave would in be possible to email me a copy without the number plate hidden? I'll PM you my address.
Looking forward to the vids to, I know your m8s run in the Saxo against me was filmed can;t wait for that one.

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
RSi Dave said:
lol, you took that picture whilst we where watching p**n in the saxo. lmao

Damn, if I knew thats what was going on I would have been sat in the boot watching. :cool:
No wonder your m8 had a 16.9 on his first run. too busy watching naked ladies (or men, whatever :approve: )

Rob

182 and 5 GTT
Does anyone know who's the monaco blue 172 with carbon bonnet was? That was rapid as fook. So was the valver/hybrid with no bonnet.

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Nick_R182 said:
Does anyone know who's the monaco blue 172 with carbon bonnet was? That was rapid as fook. So was the valver/hybrid with no bonnet.

The guy with the carbon bonnet Monaco Blue 172 ran with my m8 in his Polo, absolutely battered him. He spoke to him after the run and it has throttle bodies putting out around 225BHP he did a 14.1 run at 101mph.

Sounded the nads too. I would have had a video of it my camera batteries hadnt given up the ghost just after the run started :dead:

Rob

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
yeah that was lucky's car, sounded superb and was fast as fook, like to know what it would run in drier conditions

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
lawrence said:
yeah that was lucky's car, sounded superb and was fast as fook, like to know what it would run in drier conditions

Maybe into the 13s in the dry. Did sound horny though. I would like to know how much that throttle body conversion was.

Rob

182 and 5 GTT
Yeah it was, just found it on the Modified clios thread. Sounded awsome! The white hybrid on throttle boddies sounded the nuts aswell. My mate had a race against him in a mk1 172 and got skinned!

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Think lucky was filming his runs from inside his car, so will have to wait to see them. Sounded the nuts though and embarassed a few bigger cars there who couldnt get the power down today.

Golf GTI 1.8T
gimme a chance, only just got home. will create a vid tomorrow hopefully, got did a whole 1 hour tape so gonna take a while to sort through peeps. think I filmed nearly every clio that touched that tracks, resulting in the loss of feeling in my right hand!! :(

mitchzxr said:
gimme a chance, only just got home. will create a vid tomorrow hopefully, got did a whole 1 hour tape so gonna take a while to sort through peeps. think I filmed nearly every clio that touched that tracks, resulting in the loss of feeling in my right hand!! :(
I hope you didnt get my first run :eek::dapprove:

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Looking forward to the vids...mine was the hybrid with no bonnet btw. My in car vids are quite un-eventful....

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cant beleive how shocking it was. First and second were just no goes for me. Even tried almost missing first and straight into second but still span... 15 dead was my best...:(

Williams 2
Tom16v said:
Cant beleive how shocking it was. First and second were just no goes for me. Even tried almost missing first and straight into second but still span... 15 dead was my best...:(

So you did go m8, must have missed ya, remember you had the black rims on now, dohh! Really wanted to have a look at ya car, never mind:(

Audi TT 225 Quattro
if you got to this site they have all pics of todays cars i think, also has pics of man coming of bike www.blackettphotography.com could'nt belive how sh*t traction was on my best run i was still spinning in 3rd:dapprove:

tom - im surprised i expected your car to be quicker with the cams e.t.c, have you done 1/4's before? whats the best run youve done?

Audi TT 225 Quattro
midge said:
tom - im surprised i expected your car to be quicker with the cams e.t.c, have you done 1/4's before? whats the best run youve done?

mate i don't think anyone got the times they expected, the conditions were horrid:dead: :dead: :dead:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The car has run 14's before. If it was warmer it could do all day long. I was spinning in first, second and third but still managed 15 dead. I have a paddle clutch so its either on or off. When it bites it bites hard and the car normaly spins up. Well gay! Cant wait till the summer though!!
;)