ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ash's EK9 Rx

So finally... I've got myself an EK9.

After missing out on a complete minter last year my circumstances changed and I've treated myself.

Now about the car as per title it's the facelift Rx version which has a few subtle differences over the regular 9's but is the most desirable one to have.

It's completely standard apart from a set of BC coilovers which are o..k.. but i'll be looking to change these out eventually.

Plans really are;

Continue to maintain it well as the previous owners have kept every receipt and the car is very well documented.

16" Enkei RPF1's in White.
Decent exhaust setup (undecided but want it subtle).
Nardi steering wheel.
'Spoon elbow' intake.
Upgrade the brakes to ferodo ds2500's.
A new set of coilovers undecided again.

All in good time a few little bits & bobs inbetween and to sort out the niggles. I want the car to have more functional mod's then the usual JDM BRO s**te thats on civiclife and such.

Anyway a few half arsed photo's;

9826349143_aae00fe397_z.jpg

IMG_0164 by Ashley_W_Bolton, on Flickr

9826356773_3afd3f49fa_z.jpg

IMG_0163 by Ashley_W_Bolton, on Flickr

9826295686_a2083edaeb_z.jpg

IMG_0159 by Ashley_W_Bolton, on Flickr

9826271486_f72fe4294c_z.jpg

IMG_0175 by Ashley_W_Bolton, on Flickr

I'll give it a proper clean and some proper photo's will follow.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Adore that - i seen my first yellow one on the motorway today really am taken by them. Wish i had bought one when i stayed at home. Ended up buying a phase 1 172 as a stop gap car whilst i waited to save for one. Yeah that was 2008 and it never happened lol.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely condition.

Im one that's never got the fascination with these though.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Just out of interest, have you driven one?

I've driven numerous.

I was all lined up to buy one in 2007, on the day of delivery a lorry hit it while the importer was driving to me. I still see it for sale sometimes, but it's somewhat of a shed now - V872JTO.

Before that I built up an EG5 on B16/DC2 susp. setup for 3 years.

Edit. Found a shot:

Image012.jpg

Ohlins, RM01A, CE28s, it was perfect.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stunning little machine. Merk's RaceBase one was a work of art, sounded mental.

Very jealous.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I thought the 'Racebase' model was the most rare/desirable??

It looks in superb condition.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Like most stripped out cars. Very weird but definitely sought after.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Great looking car

What are these like to drive? Are they quick?
I've only seen a few about on the roads

What are the yellow Jordan's I've seen too? Are they quick?

Disastra Coupe
I'll be honest, i don't see the fuss about them! I've not driven one but on looks alone they certainly don't win me over...

Looks a tidy example though and if you're happy with it then enjoy it!

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
After driving to Carmarthen with ash last night, I can tell you, it's a quick car

pulled past me on our private dual carridgeway.. Only slightly but it was enough ;)

i can totally vouch, this car is immaculate

oh and Carmarthen night life.. Is err.. Chavy lol

After driving to Carmarthen with ash last night, I can tell you, it's a quick car

pulled past me on our private dual carridgeway.. Only slightly but it was enough ;)

i can totally vouch, this car is immaculate

oh and Carmarthen night life.. Is err.. Chavy lol

Yeah it'll pull about a car length or so over a 182 up to about 100 mph ish. From my experience at Bedford with a mate.

Thanks a lot for the reply guys!

At the moment I'm enjoying getting used to the car and getting a bunch of bits together to sort out the little niggles.

Just a couple more with Dan's RB.

9840416455_4191810755_z.jpg

IMG_0179 by Ashley_W_Bolton, on Flickr

9840385854_6e51c11d63_z.jpg

IMG_0190 by Ashley_W_Bolton, on Flickr

I've got some touch up paint and loctite rust remedy for two very small spots as you open up the boot they must be the size of a 5p coin but i want to get on top of all the little bits now rather then leave it.

Oh and some more detailing bits and bobs.

Gutted I had to part with mine favourite car I've owned, still sulking about it now 18ish months later lol

Glad you managed to get one in the end Ash, hope it's a good-un.

Gutted I had to part with mine favourite car I've owned, still sulking about it now 18ish months later lol

Glad you managed to get one in the end Ash, hope it's a good-un.

Thanks Si! I was gutted about missing out on yours and still am. This one is tidy but not as perfect as I'd like it but hopefully with some time ill get it where I want it.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Adore that - i seen my first yellow one on the motorway today really am taken by them. Wish i had bought one when i stayed at home. Ended up buying a phase 1 172 as a stop gap car whilst i waited to save for one. Yeah that was 2008 and it never happened lol.

There's two Jordan's Glasgow way IIRC, both turbo'd and savage.