ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ash's EK9 Rx

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
What spec is a Jordan then?
And what is the spec of these engines standard?

Not much to update I'm still waiting for bits to turn up in the post and hopefully when the weather clear's i can add the bits I've got and give the car a proper clean/tidy up.

I've done some digging and found the previous owner's project thread which may be worth a read if your bored;

http://www.ek9.org/forum/members-rides/47370-honda-civic-ek9-update-pg14-sale-japfest-2013-a.html

Also some more pic's which i can't take credit for as these where taken while in the previous owners care;

P1010404.jpg

P1010406.jpg

P1010410.jpg

P1010416.jpg

P1010417.jpg

P1010418.jpg

P1010420.jpg

8406488202_62beefefb3_c.jpg

8420564491_04c5730c69_c.jpg

8426694411_41d9e6e4e4_c.jpg

A little review after having the car just over a week now.

To drive it's a completely different feeling through the steering wheel compared to the 182's or in fact any other car I've driven before. You have more of a sense of feeling of what's going with the car on the road which is a joy, driver input feels more visceral and direct.

The facelift EK9's have quite minimal sound deadening as standard and driving on a wet road felt odd initially as of the increase of road noise. Kind of sounds like you have left a window open and you can hear the wet road through the arches.

On a dry road the addition of an LSD makes a world of difference compared to the clio's. You can 'attack' a tight corner similarly to the clio's but you get slung out of it in much better shape. The gearbox being a Honda is great a very positive feel and short throw.

Also being only a 1.6 it's pretty good on fuel if your changing gear at 3k rpm just potting around. Getting the full use of the 9200 rpm rev limit is very rare on the road as a pull in 2nd gear to 9000 rpm then if you continue to do the same in 3rd your going pretty quick to say the least.

To try and sum it up the EK9 compared to the clio is that its a much more raw car to drive with less refinement but more purpose.

Mini Cooper S JCW
Niiiice! Looks like a minter. I'm a big Honda fan after owning an integra Dc5 and a s2000.

This would be prime target for dirty thieving c@nts round my neck of the woods unfortunately.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Awesome bud, plans sound great - good luck finding the Enkei's though I've been after a set for ages. May have to just bite the bullet and buy new!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be honest, i don't see the fuss about them! I've not driven one but on looks alone they certainly don't win me over...

Looks a tidy example though and if you're happy with it then enjoy it!

I love them, even though I've never driven one. The screaming engine is just a mechanical work of art - and operates in a way that will never be reproduced by manufacturers now, or in the future. CO2 emissions and 'comfortable' forced induction are common-place. N/A engines of this calibre are of a bygone age.

Really great to see examples like this in great condition, still running about. :)

D.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
That is just simply stunning mate, love to have one.

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking, and milage?

Thanks for the replies guys!

DanJames - Ive only seen one set for sale and this was ages ago. Ill probably bite the bullet and buy new there are a few American sites that can supply them ill be looking at £800 ish all in though :(

Darren - Nicely summed up :) it feels quite a special car it's hard to describe but you have to drive one to appreciate it.

Im not saying how much I paid for this one lol...

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
So much love for these cars although after being In a k20'd ek4 I know what I'd be doing.

me5y6a5y.jpg

:)

Thanks for the replies guys!

DanJames - Ive only seen one set for sale and this was ages ago. Ill probably bite the bullet and buy new there are a few American sites that can supply them ill be looking at £800 ish all in though :(

Darren - Nicely summed up :) it feels quite a special car it's hard to describe but you have to drive one to appreciate it.

Im not saying how much I paid for this one lol...

It says in the project thread from the previous owner ;) unless you got it cheaper than asking of course!

- Not much of an update but I've got a set of white enkei rpf1 wheels lined up in the not to distant future.

Also I'm toying with the idea of buying a k20a (Jap variant) engine and lsd box to slowly refresh in the garage in the new year and then slowly get bits for a k swap. I've been thinking about all the mods etc for the b16b but ultimately I'll be better off with the swap and I'd like to do/learn as much as I can on my own through some nerdy research there's loads of guides and explanations on k20a.org as it is such a common swap now in the states.

Went out for a little spin today to find some half decent locations for some shots while the car was still sort of clean and the weather was sunny for a change.

Here is my effort, not great but i'm still new to photography/DSLR ownership etc.

11206663974_a9802218e5_z.jpg

IMG_0322 by Ashley_W_Bolton, on Flickr

11206877835_caed040c4d_z.jpg

IMG_0332 by Ashley_W_Bolton, on Flickr

11206686456_7b8959613b_z.jpg

IMG_0321 by Ashley_W_Bolton, on Flickr

11206906743_cc1823d55d_z.jpg

IMG_0307 by Ashley_W_Bolton, on Flickr

11206830444_fdbe8f91a4_z.jpg

IMG_0303 by Ashley_W_Bolton, on Flickr

11206864396_132befa03d_z.jpg

IMG_0300 by Ashley_W_Bolton, on Flickr

11206718624_a82cbfae0e_z.jpg

IMG_0316 by Ashley_W_Bolton, on Flickr

11206820874_d9434ef663_z.jpg

IMG_0304 by Ashley_W_Bolton, on Flickr

clio 172 phase 2
Thanks! I was waiting for someone to say that, i've got some meg's endurance in the garage but completely forgot about it until now.

Hey Dan, it's going well thanks. Is your ep3 going ok? I haven't seen that yet, will have to pop over your way again soon.

Ep3 is going good man in the process off lowering it and frsu atm ! Any plans for the ek yet?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think these still look lovely and even though there getting on a bit now they still look the part...

The money they hold is surely a reflection on how good they are.

I think these still look lovely and even though there getting on a bit now they still look the part...

The money they hold is surely a reflection on how good they are.

Thanks Ian, they have aged well to be fair. But OEM examples now are very rare alot have been maintained on a shoe string and or thrashed.

The money they command for a good example considering it's just a 13 year old Japanese hatch back is mad, but they are special to drive compared to the modern stuff if your after something less refined and more raw i suppose.

I wouldn't like to drive it everyday mind, as a daily i'd happily take a FN2 or an R26 over it but for a good B road blast they're great and the rarity on the road is nice.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Looks great dude :)

have you still got that 3m headlight kit? I forgot about it til now haha

Lovely. I see you're selling it? What you after?

Hey Tom, i've got my eyes on a 350z GT in gunmetal grey, but im just toying with the idea at the moment.

I've got a couple of ideas but i'm in no rush. I'll be putting a proper advert up on PH in the new year once i've sorted a few little bits.