ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux belt shredded!!

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
was driving home heard a strange noise then loss of power and the smell of petrol, pulled over big puddle of petrol at front of car :(

when having a closer look i could see a string of the belt hanging which has taken the fuel line out aswell :dead:

also noticed the bottom bolt on the alternator loose which i guess is what caused the belt to shred.

on the pluss side atleast it didnt snap and take the whole engine out.

as the belts were done last year can i just tighten the bolt back up and put a new belt on?

ITB'd MK1
check the condition of the idlers and ll the pulleys to make sure nothing is going to slice anything again, but in theory it should be fine to just fit a new belt and a new fuel line once the alternator bolt is re tightened

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
cheers :)

how much would a new belt and fuel line cost?

i need to check what else it has rook out, as it sliced the wires going to the alarm aswell :(

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
hmmmm 9/10 the bits of the belt goes behind the bottom pulley. spose you dont know until you get the fuel line sorted and get it started

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I've got a spare fuel line feed in the garage you can have to get you going mate, you got any transport at the moment as I dont fancy driving down to Darlo but can meet you at dragonville, durham. It's probably about half way from where I live. I'll PM you my number :D

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Just tried again mate and it says it's still exceeding your quota :(

PM me your mobile number and I'll give you a bell about meeting up for this line :)

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Just tried again mate and it says it's still exceeding your quota :(

PM me your mobile number and I'll give you a bell about meeting up for this line :)

deleted more lol

im not the best to talk to ATM as im still pissed form football and will forget anything you tell me :eek:

but yeah i have parents/friends cars to meet and collect :approve: