ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux tensioner, PAS, ALT help needed plz!

clio sport 172
Hi all, after the clio being dumped on the end of the road for over 2 months now i have come to attempt to fix it! The top bolt holding the aux belt tensioner has sheared off. I have removed the top bracket from the engine to the alternator (where the bolt goes through), thinking i could drill it out and job done....oh no, the bolt fixes into the PAS mount! Has anyone ever had to change this or have ant advice on the job?? I cant see how to get the PAS pump out while the alterntor is still fitted? I dont know how the PAS mount is fixed as i have removed the bolt into the block, PAS pulley and 4 bolts fixing it to the mount but its still solid! Any advice much appreciated guys as i could do with getting it running again by the end of the weekend. Cheers guys!

Dan

clio sport 172(ish)
hi dan mines done this ,the top and bottom had sheered off,took all afternoon ,had to take grill ,slam plate ,off side headlight ,alternater ,engine mount (give you a bit more room)loosen pas pump to get at brackets bolts .i didnt drill the bit of bolt out just used centre punch to get it ot turn (phew!)
we just struggled to put tensioner spring back on (found out after that someone compressed it in a vice and used a jubbele clip )and needed a square bar ,i think its 8mm to slacken tensioner to get belt back on .
hope this helps

clio sport 172
Hi andz, I have took the slam panel and grille off, top bracket to alternator and power steering pulley and undone 3 bolts on cambelt side and 1 on back and the one into the block, but can't see why it's still fixed solid? Would rather not take the pas pump off completely if I can help it! Did you have to?

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Incredible S

clio sport 172
BUMP....just need to know how to remove the pas pump mount...are there any bolts inside where the pump sits??

Cheers again guys

Dan

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
There must be a hidden bolt somewhere, i've taken them all out it isnt budging either :p

When I was reading the workshop manual today I did notice there was a bolt behind the aircon pump which I missed.

clio sport 172(ish)
hi dan i think theirs 3 bolts on the left side of the pump(got to take the belt wheel off to get to them ) once they are out wriggle the pump and it should pull out but still connected to the pipe work ,and the are a couple of i think 16mm bolts holding the bracket

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Yep pump has to come off, 3 holding the pully on, 3-4 bolts behind that and the pump comes off then 2-3 16mm behind the pump.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Taking all that lot off is a big puzzle, loads of bolts behind other bolts etc. Mine was easy though, the engine was out :approve:.

clio sport 172
has anyone ever taken the pump off the bracket whilst leaving all th pipes connected or can that not be done?? Also, does the alternator have to come off?

ta