ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

back she goes.............

ph3 dci100 172 rep
basically as some of you may have noticed i have advertised some of my parts for sale in the for sale threads. The reason for this is that im going down a different route with the clio as although i liked the looks of the low and smooth 172 it just didn't seem rite sacrafising the drivablity of it to make it look good and i also miss how it used to drive so i have started to change a few things over today!
from this:
cliofrontbefore.jpg

cliosidebefore.jpg

to this:

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

so far i have put the standard wheels back on as i have sold the porsche wheels and i've put the janspeed cat back on and i love it :D

i shal hopefully be receiving my standard rear bumper this week so i will get that painted and fitted at work:)
the boot will be next go as mickb is having it for his white van on airbags!

final plans for the car are:
lightweight wheels in 16" but not saying what yet ;)
either smoked fogs or brake cooling ducts
drilled and grooved k-tec discs all round
ferodo ds pads
goodridge brake lines all round
182 style exhaust with 3.5inch pipes
standard rear bumper
standard front bumper with headlight washers smoothed
de-badged standard tailgate
roof will be painted body colour as im fed up with the swirls in the roof and im also bored of the black now!
standard steering wheel trimmed in leather with alcantara thumb grips
recaro trendlines
gonna raise the front coils up and put the platforms in the rear springs
new camber adjustment bolts for the front coils as mine came buggered from cliospares :(
re-map
matched inlets(gonna mirror polish the plenum unit too)
de-cat

and thats it that i can thuink of off the top of my head:)
not a lot:Shaha

comments welcome
sam

ph3 dci100 172 rep
i know mate but driving it daily as it was was ridiculous!
since having the camber i've killed the tyres and wheel bearings in 3weeks!:S

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
great shame, not sure how much yours was compared to mine but i have had little problems and i do a 40mile daily commute

was a great looking car

Titanium 182
Nice one :cool: I don't understand why anyone would sacrifice the drivability of these cars they're great fun !

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
oww :( loved it on porsche wheels

love that colour! its not flame red is it? :S

White ds3
compleatly change the direction of the car looks good and will look just as good if not beter. if that made any sence lol

S23

The Cleee-O
Pffft. Driveabilty Sam? Don't understand this theory :rasp: Nah man, should look good again. Can't believe you knackered the bearings and tires that quick though :S I think I know what sort of wheels you're gonna get, I shall text you in a bit anywho.

Oh yea, and it isn't a standard Renault Red colour. It's a Candy Red colour :D

ph3 dci100 172 rep
haha dint realise there was this many lovers of my car as it was :O

neil: it was running 4.25 deg rear camber and 3.5 deg front so not only did it bugger up the car but that on top of 25mm adapters just made the car drive like crap and wobble and wollow all over the place and i want it to feel solid again!

its a shame i know but as i've said to many of my mates it'l be back bigger better and more usable(maybe on ITB's ;))

oh and also to the people that asked the colour is actually plymouth prowler candy apple red!however im toying with idea of a re-spray again in the new year!;)
sam

TTRS & V50
Did you get a feature while it was euro ? If so then fair enough for going down a different route.

Plans sound good too.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
neil: it was running 4.25 deg rear camber and 3.5 deg front so not only did it bugger up the car but that on top of 25mm adapters just made the car drive like crap and wobble and wollow all over the place and i want it to feel solid again!

sam

mine runs about 3 degs camber on the rear then natural with the drop at the front

Black Gold Trophy
that sucks it wasnt featured! I would have said "not enough done to it? Mate it has knackered the wheel bearings and tyres to pull off it's looks!"

Nah I see where you are coming from, I had some lovely BBS wheels on my old corsa, but it was totally undrivable with them, so they had to go!

ph3 dci100 172 rep
its funny because when you first do it it doesn't matter that your sacrafising the drivability of it as it looks good but then after driving it for a while and seeing what it does to your car and alo being left behind down country lanes by 1.4s as you literally cant go any faster cos the car hits the floor and slides round corners the fun soon starts to wear thin!

upwards and onwards :D

Never above 25mpg
its funny because when you first do it it doesn't matter that your sacrafising the drivability of it as it looks good but then after driving it for a while and seeing what it does to your car and alo being left behind down country lanes by 1.4s as you literally cant go any faster cos the car hits the floor and slides round corners the fun soon starts to wear thin!

upwards and onwards :D

Reason to buy an old Dub and get it the way you want :rasp: