ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad News RE: Himley - Please Vote ASAP

We should...

• Total voters
Basically, as you may already know, the main reason we're holding the next meet at Himley Hall is so we can have some awesome pictures taken outside of the Hall using their courtyard as we've been given permission.

However, due to the weather, one of the weddings got rescheduled to that weekend!!!

This means there will not be 1. enough parking for 20 cars and 2. access to the courtyard.

What shall we do?

The options are:

1. Move to the Sunday before (26th of Feb) - which is currently free.
2. Move to the Sunday after (11th of March) - which is currently free.
3. Change the venue all together.

Please let me know your thoughts...

Very sorry about this - it's completely out of my hands.

Nimbus R27
I'm busy on the 26th Feb so I favour option 2 or 3 lol. If we changed venue, any ideas on where to go? Theres Chillington Hall near Wolvs?

Clio 182 inferno
Tell them to move the wedding to the sunday after!
A cs meet is much more important! :rasp:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Option 2! Or 3 if needs be. But deffo keep it in march.

Nimbus R27
Tom, possible places include Kenilworth Castle? (Know its quite picturesque but not sure where you could park cars to get good shots). Aston Hall in Birmingham? Chillington Hall near Wolvs?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Look into patshull hall too. That's got large grassed area in front. Perfect for pictures. Would have to ring them as they do weddings etc. but give it a try.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Tom, I'd be up for a change in venue..easier to move location than date.

The weekend before could be a problem though as that is the Evo Triangle run (on the Saturday), so doubt people would be up for 2 meets on the same weekend.

Although a lot of people want to move the date, it's still less than half of the total attending - so I think a venue change is at hand as this is going to be far easier.

A second concern of mine is, what's to say another wedding or funeral might pop-up. The last thing I want is to move to the 11th and have Himley cancel us again - people will just lose interest.

So... VENUE!

So far, people have suggested:

Chillington Hall
Kenilworth Castle
Patshull Hall

Personally - I currently can't think of anywhere - I'll do some research and speak with some groundskeepers.

Alternatively, I was thinking we should just use a large quiet car park.

If anyone has any other suggestions, whether picturesque or just a nice car park - let me know ASAP please. :)

Nimbus R27
I really think we should try and find a picturesque location as individual and group photos of the cars would look soo much better. Not sure if the venues already mentioned are possibles, depends who you speak to I suppose. I'll try and do some more research aswell.

Nimbus R27
Stratford upon Avon probably not a bad shout, thats quite picturesque. To be honest that general areas quite nice as its mostly countryside etc

new hall in sutton coldfield only 5 mins from star city, loads of ground on there for photos etc.. have been there before.

if there is no weddings going on you get the carpark to yourselves near enough..with very nice surroundings.

lots of pubs near by for fodda

http://www.handpickedhotels.co.uk/newhall

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
new hall in sutton coldfield only 5 mins from star city, loads of ground on there for photos etc.. have been there before.

if there is no weddings going on you get the carpark to yourselves near enough..with very nice surroundings.

lots of pubs near by for fodda

http://www.handpickedhotels.co.uk/newhall

Sounds good. Need something as central as you can too to be fair.

Nimbus R27
Asking a mate of mine about Merevale Hall near Atherstone, might be able to meet there but will have to see. Theres also Coombe Abbey near Coventry which I've been too loads. It has a big car park and we could line the cars up down the main road which leads to the Abbey for a photoshoot. http://www.coombeabbey.com/

Sorry fellas, bare with me. I normally get stuff done on my lunch at work - but it's been one hell of a week. You know, the 8-6 - work through lunch type... I'll get on this at the weekend and feedback ASAP.

It's hard to get a full understanding of a venue and it's capacity from its website, so I am going for a drive this Saturday to check out the aforementioned locations. :)

Additionally, I'm surprised at how many people have voted to move it to the 11th - there's a similar response on 197.net... This is thought provoking.

More info at the weekend!

Today I've been oot and aboot, scouting locations:

Chillington hall: Seems good to me, but I am concerned about the space for 20 cars! It looks like their yard will only hold about 10 at a time?... Also, the roads to it are full of pot holes and bumps... They're basically single lane country roads. Not sure if they're too Clio friendly - especially for those with lowering springs or coilies. I'll contact them, provisionally.

Newhall Hotel and Spa: I feel I may have been trolled with this one. Albeit a nice building, it's a massive risk with parking spaces as the place is constantly packed. I think I also cracked this rental cars splitter going over their unusually shaped speed bumps which I imagine to be highly un-Clio friendly. The car I was driving today was a 2011 Fiesta - you know, the tall floaty one >.< I think this one is certainly out of the question.

Patshull Hall: Perfectly fine location - but I've since come to learn they're having a wedding fare on March 4th and is therefore out of the question.

Next weekend I will hit Merevale Hall, Packwood House, Wroxall Estate and Kenilworth Castle provided none of them have events on the 4th. :)

If a picturesque venue change is going to be tough, I may just find a nice spacious car park and hold a similar meet to Donnys January meet.

If it's half as good, it should be a laugh. :)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Tom,

I would see what people fancy...as if you try and do something for one person in particular, chances are that the person won't turn up.

We could do a drive...or even (at a stretch) tag along to the Chester meet on March 11th...(looks like a big one!) http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?620937-The-Big-Chester-Meet!

Just a thought :)

I think we should go for the 11th.
Deffo

And glad you went to patshull. It's quite decent for location.

Keep me updated.

Clio 182 inferno
The Chester meet looks immense!

There is over 100 people on the list

Definatley worth considering

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
The Chester meet looks immense!

There is over 100 people on the list

Definatley worth considering

I'm up for anything.
Just want some good pictures and a decent convoy somewhere ;-)

Nimbus R27
Tom, is the original location still available on the 11th March? Just think that Chester might be abit too much of a trek for a meet especially if your coming from Coventry way.

Nimbus R27
Btw, no point coming to look at Merevale Hall cus I've asked a mate of mine to enquire and the owner is proper miserable and strict.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The Chester one is an alternate one...might be an idea while Tom looks into sorting something. I just thought I would put it forwards as a suggestion.

Tom if you need any help...gimme a PM dude. :)