ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad News RE: Himley - Please Vote ASAP

We should...

• Total voters

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Convoying to the Chester one sounds pretty good if nothing local can be arranged.

I agree. Would have to sort a meeting location out for all of us lot. Then away we go to Chester. Fine by me.

I just want pictures!!!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I agree. Would have to sort a meeting location out for all of us lot. Then away we go to Chester. Fine by me.

I just want pictures!!!!

Best way to go is up the M54 J3, then up the A41 to Whitchurch, then A41 to Chester and the 'Roots and Shoots' place is right at the end of there.

Best way to go is up the M54 J3, then up the A41 to Whitchurch, then A41 to Chester and the 'Roots and Shoots' place is right at the end of there.

Great driving route along the A41 love that road. Would be a good idea going up to chester but wouldn't go in a convoy due to heros!

shall roll up on my own

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Great driving route along the A41 love that road. Would be a good idea going up to chester but wouldn't go in a convoy due to heros!

shall roll up on my own

Mart, only real dual carriageway is by whitchurch its all single carriageway apart from a quick 2 mile blat just past Market Drayton and there are a few mobile camera points also (so wouldnt want points)...I wouldnt want to overtake randoms on way up unless REALLY necessary due to the fact we all have to get past and that is where accidents happen. I just take steady drive and enjoy roads and scenery. (its different when I'm on my own.....;)

Mart, only real dual carriageway is by whitchurch its all single carriageway apart from a quick 2 mile blat just past Market Drayton and there are a few mobile camera points also (so wouldnt want points)...I wouldnt want to overtake randoms on way up unless REALLY necessary due to the fact we all have to get past and that is where accidents happen. I just take steady drive and enjoy roads and scenery. (its different when I'm on my own.....;)

True mr Don

yup its a different story on you're own like you say!;)

May well consider this if it goes ahead and the midlands lot all go would be a massive meet.

Sensible/steady

Nimbus R27
Are we not planning a meet in the midlands this month then? Won't be able to tag along to chester if everyone decides to go up there as its just too far for a day meet. Coming over from near Coventry adds quite a few miles ontop of most.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Convoy to Chester, really? I'm from Worcester and that's a 2 hour drive, hardly West Midlands ;)

If that goes ahead, count me out too!

The Chester thing is just a suggestion. Plus, as it looks like a big one...should be a good opportunity for people to put faces to forum names.

There will be a meet towards end of March but I'm still thinking of ideas for that.

why don't we just stick to himley hall but just on the car park? i know we can't get pics near the posh house but we can still get good pics!

Clio 172 Cup
not read thae whole thread but i cant make the 26th, to short totice and the car wont be ready...also what about hogath hall hear the four ashes golf course they have an epic drive way line with many hundred year old oaks.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Chester is out of the question, I am afraid.

If we don't lose a lot of numbers in doing this and if everyone turns up on time, we're still looking at a 9:00am get together before the drive to Chester.

On a Sunday morning - not sure that's everyone's cup of tea. Especially for those who'll have an hours journey just to the original meet point.

We'll lose Midlands numbers based on distance, cost and time related commitments - and this is a Midlands meet, after all.

Finally - there was a chance to go to the 197.net South Wales meet on the 11th, which I turned down for similar reasons. I would not want anyone getting their backs up.

I'm still trying to find a venue for the 4th, but if I can't, I'll take Himley on their 11th offer as I want the same structure to apply.

Meet.
Pictures.
Drive.
Food.
Depart.

In a nutshell. ;)

I'm talking with some wardens at current and will be back as soon as I know more.

Again, thanks for the input, it's very welcome - keep it coming. :)

Nimbus R27
Sounds good to me. I think most wouldn't mind a long distance meet aslong as it was planned as one and not a substitute :approve:. Should still be a good turn out on the 11th at Himley.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
So what's the plan as it stands at the minute Tom?

Chris....Tom has a plan in action. He has completed the groundwork for it, but is just finalising it. All will be revealed soon, don't worry, he's got it covered. :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ok cool. It will be good whatever it is I am sure. Hopefully a good turnout too like star city.

Chris....Tom has a plan in action. He has completed the groundwork for it, but is just finalising it. All will be revealed soon, don't worry, he's got it covered. :)
Cheers Don!

I'll get a thread up later. Very busy at the moment catching up on work. >.<

Just to clarify, it's deffo next Sunday at 1pm still.

Come back later tonight and I should have plenty of info for you. ;)