ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Banbury/Oxford/Northamptonshire members unite...

GW 200 with Cup pack
I've been chatting to a few members in individually on here about a CS meetup for oxfordshire etc... Speaking to some of the individuals reading and portsmouth seem too far for evening meets (this is not to say that people from these parts should not be welcome too! :) )

If anyone from the oxfordshire/banbury area is interested in doing something let me know... sure we can find somewhere.

Alternatively look out for me later at CSS12 and we can have a chinwag! :)

Tom

GW 200 with Cup pack
I'm Oxford and am up for this. I don't no anyone so be good to meet some ppl.

Cool sounds good Feates... there seems to be a lack of events for peeps north of reading... if i get enough interest i will start a list so i can mail people and sort something... I'm a newbie to Cliosport and RS ownership... be good to network :)

You going to CSS12 today Feates?

PH2 Flamer
I am yeah. Just have the car a quick dry in the hope it won't rain again.

Just waiting for my younger bro to get ready then were off.

There are always loads of dub, vag and jap meets at the Oxford Kassam car park. Doesnt seem to be a French one though. And deffo not a clio one.

See you there I guess? CSS I mean

GW 200 with Cup pack
Kassam could be a good spot then... I'm not interested in the boy racer brigades tho... i am aware that it does attract these kind of people haha... Lets try and bring a touch of class...

Has it rained down your way then?!?! unfortuneately the clouds are gathering over banbury... fingers crossed it will hold off a bit!

Ive printed off my window thing with my forum name on so say hello if you see me... I'll be with my dad... haha :)

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Didn't find you today dude, but I'm up for a meet up.

If you're up for a weekend meet, Iused to hold a biker meet at the Red Lion in Kidlington. Pub's on the main road, big with plenty of spaces.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
There must be more members in the Oxfordshire area.

I agree with Fletch, it would help if it was a different region as it's a good hours drive from most of our usual meets.

GW 200 with Cup pack
Thanks for the interest in this group guys... It would be great to get together... there are at least 4-5 of us chatting on this thread and i know of at least 4-5 members not involved in this thread!

I think that we shoud try and arrange something... I agree with other suggestions of flyering... there are a lot of RS Clios in and around Banbury.... an the same must extend to other oxfordshire towns...

Totally agree that we should possibly have our own area... lets vote with our feet, meet up sometime and then send the CS Admin teams a suggestion for a new area...

Finally i myself would not mind being the area rep... but i feel a bit of a fraud as i have not loing been a CS memeber or owned a Clio! Dont think i am knowledgeable enough!

Lets keep this going and drum up interest... we will get there!

PH2 Flamer
Put a flyer on a RB 182 today in didcot near Abingdon. See if they join.

I have 3 weeks off work so a meet during this time would be good. Bored of Doing same thing every evening.

GW 200 with Cup pack
Think I saw you today Tom, was one car behind you in Grimsbury and you turned off into some flats?

Ah that was you... i did see you in my rear view... i was off to the gym Tom... I've seen you RB182 around a few times... nice motor! :)

200 Silverstone #41
Im based in didcot, and work in Abingdon. Haven't been on here for a while, jumped ship to clio197.net!

But thought I'd pop back and see whats happening, haven't seen many sports in Abingdon, and I know someone in didcot with an RB 200 who would be up for meets!

PH2 Flamer
Im based in didcot, and work in Abingdon. Haven't been on here for a while, jumped ship to clio197.net!

But thought I'd pop back and see whats happening, haven't seen many sports in Abingdon, and I know someone in didcot with an RB 200 who would be up for meets!

I live in Abingdon and mrs based in chilton. Should see you around soon.

Clio 172 Cup
I'm not a million miles off Banbury. Some of you may have noticed my previous RS in the area, a black R26 with F1 number plate as there weren't that many around when I had it. Now I have a slightly more humble 172 cup in Iceberg Silver.

GW 200 with Cup pack
Good to see a bit more action in here.... I'm going to organise a Oxfordshire/Northants meet soon.... hopefully before the summer is out!!! I just need some suggestions for fairly central metting places.... It has been suggested we meet at the Kassam stadium in oxford one evening/weekend? What do you think guys? There is no bad suggestions, just try and keep them central to our region!!

PH2 Flamer
Any chance we can do this before the 27th? As that's when I start my massive night shift - 4 weeks long. So won't be about.

I'm game for anywhere.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Good to see a bit more action in here.... I'm going to organise a Oxfordshire/Northants meet soon.... hopefully before the summer is out!!! I just need some suggestions for fairly central metting places.... It has been suggested we meet at the Kassam stadium in oxford one evening/weekend? What do you think guys? There is no bad suggestions, just try and keep them central to our region!!

That's cool with me!

I'm half a mile from the Kassam so will have no excuses not to turn up, although clioless it'd be good to meet a few locals :)

172 cup
im from bicester and see loads of cups and sports about, been putting flyers on them when possible.

I'd be up for a meet, inbetween banbury and oxford so wouldnt matter where for me

GW 200 with Cup pack
I think you guys should arrange a meet on the bank holiday weekend.

This would be perfect.... however i have an inconsiderate friend who is getting married that weekend!!! :(

Will arrange something soon.... you gonna bring the R26 to scare us with Atouba? show us a real RS :)

GW 200 with Cup pack
im from bicester and see loads of cups and sports about, been putting flyers on them when possible.

I'd be up for a meet, inbetween banbury and oxford so wouldnt matter where for me

Cool, Keep an eye on the Forum Steve, I will be arranging something soon to kick off Oxfordshire meets! :)

GW 200 with Cup pack
I'm half a mile from the Kassam so will have no excuses not to turn up, although clioless it'd be good to meet a few locals :)

Reccy it for me then Steve... what sort of eateries are there and is there plenty of parking? I've never been there?

GW 200 with Cup pack
I'm not a million miles off Banbury. Some of you may have noticed my previous RS in the area, a black R26 with F1 number plate as there weren't that many around when I had it. Now I have a slightly more humble 172 cup in Iceberg Silver.

Cant say that i have seen either Nexus.... but I look forward to seeing your motor when we can get this meet off the ground :)

GW 200 with Cup pack

Great news Suthy.... keep your eyes peeled in this thread and i will try and arrange something... both you and your friend are welcome... nice to have some other 200s there :)

PH2 Flamer
Reccy it for me then Steve... what sort of eateries are there and is there plenty of parking? I've never been there?

There is loads of parking, also situated on a huge bowl plex. Has bowling, Vue cinema, and Indian, Chinese, chip shop, franky and bennys, a pub, pool tables, arcade.

Loads to do, eat, etc

GW 200 with Cup pack
There is loads of parking, also situated on a huge bowl plex. Has bowling, Vue cinema, and Indian, Chinese, chip shop, franky and bennys, a pub, pool tables, arcade.

Loads to do, eat, etc

Thanks Feates... I'll have a think on dates then and post a few in here.... Bank holiday would have been perfect.... sadly i'm away :(

Tom

Loads to do, eat, etc

Yeah as feates says lots to do and eat round there, would be a great opportunity for me to get my camera out of retirement too!

GW 200 with Cup pack
Yeah as feates says lots to do and eat round there, would be a great opportunity for me to get my camera out of retirement too!

Excellent idea Stephen... Photographers are always welcome at meets... As i say keep em peeled i'll throw up some dates soon enough.