ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Size with an ITG filter installed on a 172 cup

172 Cup,R8, Exige S1
Hi Guys,
Can someone confirm the battery size on a 172 Cup? The original battery is 063, can a larger battery fit in, the previous owner gave me a larger battery however it seems very tight with the ITG induction kit, Euro car parts seem to think the 063 battery size is not correct for the car anyway? The length of the battery I have is 9 and a half inches. It fits, I haven't tried to fit the retaining bolt yet.

172 Cup,R8, Exige S1
Is it possible to show me either on the halfords website or euros the correct battery to buy?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Holy thread revival!

This battery malarkey is confusing as!
My local motor factors lists the 75 and 79 as both correct for my index.
Halfrauds lists the 63.
A random website lists the 27 and 75.
Faceaches telling me the 63 is correct.

I’ve the V6 airbox if it makes a difference. So what battery do I need and does it actually matter?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the little 063 which was smaller than what it originally had, its the cheapest the motor factors listed too, none of the fancy yuasa stuff. Starts fine when its been sitting for a few weeks, powers the xenons fine etc AND everyone told me you need to connect a charger when bleeding the abs system as the battery will go flat but i bled about 4 litres thru it with no issues and started fine afterword's! that's good enough for me lol
IMG_20200615_154449.jpg

Megane RS 265
I went down to 063 as mine had a larger one and needed replacing anyway, and had no issues. Went for a Lion as well not something super expensive and it’s been fine so 063 size should be okay.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Cheers all, it had a 63 on and so I went for the same again. Hope this one last longer than 18 months mind you!!