ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 1

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Had a quick go on the new stuff last night. Not really enough time to get into it properly though.

I'm DJJonnio on PS4 if anyone wants to squad up.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Went to play the new maps tonight. Forgotten that we had a power cut last week and i didn't set my ps4 back up before i went away on courses.
8gb download now. Think I'll be playing it tomorrow night now.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yeah mine took a while to update too.

I've noticed you now get extra grenades after a few minutes, seems stupid because the nade spam was bad enough before.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Was gonna play tonight but had some w**k golf charity thing to go to, don't even like golf.

Will have a blast tomo evening

Ph 1 172
Loving the most of the new maps (not keen on the one where there is a demolished church in the middle and a steep hill behind it going to a fort).. and love the new game mode.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Yeah mine took a while to update too.

I've noticed you now get extra grenades after a few minutes, seems stupid because the nade spam was bad enough before.

Makes no sense does it. I was like where the hell has my second smoke grenade gone? Then it kept popping back into my inventory like i was on a horse.

Enjoyed the new Operations when i had a go!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
What's everyone's preferred class and weapons?

I've tried all sorts and can't seem to find a gun that I get on with

So far I've done poor to average in every game mode.

Seems I'm best with the medic class. I did ok with the assault and the hellreigal. I struggle control on the automatic guns though and end up shooting over my opponents heads most of the time which results in me dying loads

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Depends on the gun, everyone seems to love the hellreigal but I think the mp18 is better even tho statistically it's worse.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Trying bursrt firing?

I chop and change tbh on guns. If I kill lots it's the best gun Evers. If I die lots that guns w**k.
It is interesting with the bullet dynamics in this game. As @Gouldy says - when I was playing it, I simply couldn't find anything that clicked with me. The recoil, the low ammo count, the bizarre situation where you would get more accurate the longer the gun was firing, etc.

Take a total opposite - SW Battlefront - obviously guns equipped with frikkin' laser-beams. Yet as they travel straight and direct - the aiming is much easier and true. Had a bash the other night with a simple solo skirmish. Ended up with a K/D of 168/1 - which admittedly was a bit silly and arguably a bit boring. Yet it showed that the same game engine in BF1 factors-in a shed-load of random bullet variables in order to make your accuracy go all over the place.

To me, they need to find a balance. SW:BF is too much one way - I'd say a good third, if not more of those kills I scored were headshots. Put me on BF1 and try to hit a barn door at 20ft - I'd be lucky if it does it once.

BF4 was close - they had a pretty good mix-up of spraying bullets compared to accurate fire. I'd argue that they've over-thought it for BF1 and it just becomes so utterly frustrating to play.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Been doing better with the bolt action rifles but get in s situation where there's more than 2 enemies and I'm stuffed

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Been playing with a mate who was trying to unlock the new sniper gun. Did the challenge twice and no unlock.

Googled why it wasn't working last night.

Because none premium player lols

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Some of the gun challenges are fucked though.

To get the Chauchat Telescopic you need 15 kills in a game, and 10 motar kills.
There is a bug where the game forgets you've got the 15 kills after every game, to unlock the weapon you need the mortar kills first then the 15 kills.
There are bugs in the other weapon unlocks.

It's f**king annoying as s**t.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Been doing better with the bolt action rifles but get in s situation where there's more than 2 enemies and I'm stuffed

I think you have to match the class to how you play more in bf1, Medic and scout for example are more long range hanging back type play.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Nah. Lol.

I just tend to run and gun and throw med pads about for the less fortunate. Revive like a hero, get shot after saving people's ass. Then don't get revived.

Most of that is kind of true, certainly the last part. Fookers.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Limpit mines are full of win too. Placed at the right moment is hilarious.

Was on Amiens, tank went by threw a mine tank blew me up, chap got out at the same time. Boom, see ya.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
f**k hanging back as medic, get in amongst it! Gotta get them crates down and rake in the points while everyone's getting blown to s**t.

I struggle to come out with a decent K/D on that new fort map, it's mental! Yesterday I got spawned in an enemy squad lol managed to kill 3 before they realised.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Nah. Lol.

I just tend to run and gun and throw med pads about for the less fortunate. Revive like a hero, get shot after saving people's ass. Then don't get revived.

Most of that is kind of true, certainly the last part. Fookers.

Fair enough, It was mainly advice for newbies to die less.

Tbf I hate the medic class, all about assault and at rocket gunning snipers.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still struggling to see why your having such difficulty,
I think the bullet mechanics work really well in bf1, to such extent it's hard to go on ridiculous killing sprees without a tank, which is how it should be imo.
I still think a lot has to do with the online running of BF1 for me - in particular with the netcode. I certainly didn't get the Hulk-Smash feelings at all, when playing through the campaign mode.

I'm averaging around 10mbps on my broadband - certainly more than enough to support the lesser populated servers. But I get those flashing icons in the top right of the screen like some irritating traction control light, a LOT.

Supposedly, we'll be getting fibre broadband in a few months and I'd love to see that transform BF1 for me. It just frustrates me beyond any level of fun where one out of four shots from lying prone on a windmills' parapet actually makes contact with a medium range target - let alone killing the bugger. Leading a target? Please. Yet I can pickup any weapon on the BF4 Test Range and hit those scrolling targets without fuss. Again, that's running locally on my PC without any external intervention, so it's nice to be aware that my eye-to-mouse coordination isn't that bad. :wink:

BG Clio 182
Some of the gun challenges are fucked though.

To get the Chauchat Telescopic you need 15 kills in a game, and 10 motar kills.
There is a bug where the game forgets you've got the 15 kills after every game, to unlock the weapon you need the mortar kills first then the 15 kills.
There are bugs in the other weapon unlocks.

It's f**king annoying as s**t.

The challenges are really annoying me trying to get the sniper is peeing me off mainly because im no good as a sniper.