ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best 3.0 external HDD for the monies?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hard drives don't even read/write that fast so a bit pointless having a USB3 harddrive (that's not SSD) no?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hard drives don't even read/write that fast so a bit pointless having a USB3 harddrive (that's not SSD) no?

I've not a clue, somebody else will have to do that, all I know is I have a new PC coming with a USB 3 supported mobo and 3.0 USB ports and want an easy way of backing up without thinking about it...

Cupra
I'd get a case that you can put different drives into. I gave up buying external drives now and just have a case with an e-sata connection that has a screwless drive swap. I can quickly backup all data and take the disc off site, then use the case for another drive in the meantime. Saves money in the long run too as loose discs are cheaper.

A red missile

Western Digital make some 6gb/s hard drives, the missus has one in her machine and Crucial make some 6gb/s SSD's as well.

The WD drives are expensive and the SSD's would double the national debt of a small country.

But if it's mental performing hard drives you want check this out, you'd have to be clinically insane to even consider it :)