ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best 4g sim only deal?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Giffgaff's been good to me until now but i'm finding their signal a little pants at times in my area. Plus I wouldn't mind 4g. What's the best deals out there with good UK coverage?

Cheapest is three, all of their plans come with 4g for no extra cost. 4g signal isn't great at the moment but 3g signal works very well for me.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I used to be with giff gaff, but changed to EE as wanted European roaming, I'm simply blown away with there signal compared to Giffgaff.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm tempted to go with the £20 EE deal, I'm with Vodafone at the moment and I find their signal sh*te tbh, that's having come from Virgin who's signal was pathetic.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've long said this about giff gaff. I was with them a while a go and distributed sims for them. They're a fairly poor network imo. I had two galaxy S3's next to each other, one on O2, one on giff gaff. GG's signal was on 2G and the O2 one was on full 3G. It's a poor show considering that they're supposed to be on the same network.

Not the cheapest, but EE have the best signal. I would steer clear of Vodafone

I've found that signal like that is all to do with the area that you're in. For example; I'm on Vodafone have I have constant 4G and 3G. My parents were on EE and they've switched to Vodafone Because EE's signal in West Yorkshire is laughable near where I live.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Does 4g use more data? I currently use under 1 gig as I tend to be on wifi most places. Home/work etc.

If you're doing the same stuff then no, just faster. Usually though as its faster you'll end up doing more with it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've just gone with giffgaff and spent the last 24 hrs trying to work out why I didn't have 4g when the website said they have it.

finally managed to work out that it's currently only on trial to customers who were with them before March, the trial continues until October when they then launch to the general public.

4g will be on all the tariffs with a limit on data, I'm on an unlimited data one, so another reason why I can't get it.

Seem me to be getting H+ on my new galaxy s4 though, which is supposed to be faster than 3G anyway.

My biggest issue is being an apple person and having to navigate android, there's TOO many options, and they seem to be all over the place, just not at all intuitive. Like the big screen though, but not the woeful battery life because of it.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've been with giffgaff for 6 months or more. No 4g for me still.

My signal was great to start with, now its shite. Plus its annoying you don't get missed call notifications etc.

I'm going back to EE I think.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I still don't see the point in 4G on my mobile, never needed it over 3G.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've been with giffgaff for 6 months or more. No 4g for me still.

My signal was great to start with, now its s**te. Plus its annoying you don't get missed call notifications etc.

I'm going back to EE I think.
You need to apply for the beta to get 4g.

and what do you mean by missed call notifications, surely your phone shows you have a missed call?

ive only heard bad things about EE personally.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
If soneone trys to call but you do not have signal you do not get a missed call notifaction text like all other networks.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Thought it was only orange now EE that did that anyway.

I don't get it on my O2 I don't think.

I left EE as I was constantly getting no service and there customer service imo is extremely poor. Much better now I'm with 3 on there 4G sim only although I admit I don't often pick up 4G I always have a good strong 3G signal

I had problems with EE. Everything everywhere except the places I needed it most!

I burn through 3gig of data a month so giffgaff is only decent option for me at £12!

Also was on 3 which did also find excellent bar the lack of service up the stables where I needed it most.

If soneone trys to call but you do not have signal you do not get a missed call notifaction text like all other networks.

If its that important they'll call back or leave a voicemail IMO. I used to have it with orange and don't miss it now I've moved. Very rare I have no signal anyway.

LY 182
I've been on GiffGaff for awhile and currently on the 4G trial. I only get 3G at home (Northampton) but when I'm at work (London) I do get some 4G. Not everywhere though, which indicates the coverage is a bit iffy. When I do get coverage it's awesome.

Obviously this comes down to EE having more of the infrastructure, bands, etc.