ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best cutting compound for swirlmarks?

M235i / 172
As above really guys.. my cars black.. and the swirlmarks do my nut in... Whats the best cutting compound to use by hand to remove the swirls?
Am i just best to use normal t-cut or is there something better?

330i. E30 Touring.
I use Farecla G3 from memory for the worst of the marks.

Watch out though, it's f**king vicious!

BG FF182
In the same boat, although with some effort and meguirs scratch X and some SRP it did help a bit, but still not perfect.

M235i / 172
Lose the t-cut. It's liquid sandpaper.
Is it really that bad? Obviously your going to blunt the shine getting the swirls out of the lacquer but a good polish after soon brings it back up.

I use Farecla G3 from memory for the worst of the marks.

Watch out though, it's f**king vicious!
This sounds a bit too viscious to me, the swirls are not THAT bad really but they just annoy me. I thought t-cut was quite mild as apposed to the above.. thats why I thought its worth a try first?

In the same boat, although with some effort and meguirs scratch X and some SRP it did help a bit, but still not perfect.
Why O Why did I buy a black car.. admitted it looks fuckin sexy when its clean though LOL... Post up pics mate if you have any? Before and after?

BG FF182
I know the feeling about a black car, my fiesta before hand was black and I said I would never have another black, but got tempted as it was nice and shiny on the garage forecourt.

Sorry no pics, all I can say is that it did help, it's not perfect by a long shot but it's better than it was.

Is it really that bad? Obviously your going to blunt the shine getting the swirls out of the lacquer but a good polish after soon brings it back up.

TBH i woudnt even use it as a last resort. There are many better good products out there since the t-cutting days. Scratch-x being one of them.

330i. E30 Touring.
Tbh, a machine polish is the way to go if you want to get rid of the swirls. You'll have arms like Popeye if you manage to lose them by hand.

M235i / 172
Tbh, a machine polish is the way to go if you want to get rid of the swirls. You'll have arms like Popeye if you manage to lose them by hand.

I can get hold of a machine polisher off of my mate but he's looked at it and says they rnt really bad enough to warrant this.. Im in two minds.. So what are we saying use.. megs scratch X?
Is there a compound called g220?

And.. I already have arms like Popeye ('s younger much more weedy brother) ;) lol

G220 is the machine polisher. Scratch x will be a hell easier on the mahchine then by hand thats for sure.