ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best deal for the iPhone 3GS on contract??

mk5 fiesta zetec s
as above really, want an iphone and just wondering if there is any good deals on at the min. cheers ben :cool:

oo and wanting to spend around 30 pounds a month.

Last edited:
IIRC the deal is you buy the phone on a contract and get bugger all minutes and texts with O2, or buy one for ££££$$$£££, unlock it and put a decent contract on it, like Vodafone.

Audi S1
You can buy one on Pay as you go for £490?? n the sim they give you with it has free internet for 12 months.

mk5 fiesta zetec s
the one at 02 is 34 pounds a month with unlimited mins 500 texts and 600 mins, i didnt think that was too bad. as i spend that on energy drinks a month and can just cut down :)

To give you an idea of how bad O2 contracts for the iPhone are, I bought an iPhone for 250 quid off a member on here, unlocked it and put it on my Voda contract after selling my shitberry.

I have 1200 mins, unlim internet, unlim landline calls, unlim texts. For £33 p/m.

mk5 fiesta zetec s
how much can you get an iphone 3gs for then on pay as you go? the thing is i dont use that many mins probs only use 300 texts a month and hardly any mins

Formally Clio 182
Aren't o2 and Orange meant to be competing in a price war now it's available on both networks now?

Why would they bother? They'll both lose out.

There's plenty of people who want it. Keep the prices high. Keeps the profits high.

To give you an idea of how bad O2 contracts for the iPhone are, I bought an iPhone for 250 quid off a member on here, unlocked it and put it on my Voda contract after selling my s**tberry.

I have 1200 mins, unlim internet, unlim landline calls, unlim texts. For £33 p/m.

Why? - Thats kinda of expensive. - £844.00 over 18months...

I pay £549 over 18 months, but thats with special dicount i guess. 1200mins 500texts Unlim Net.

I personally dont think its that bad, if you minus the £10 per month for hardware i.e. an ipod touch, the way i look at it is 25 pm for 500 mins n 600 txts.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
To give you an idea of how bad O2 contracts for the iPhone are, I bought an iPhone for 250 quid off a member on here, unlocked it and put it on my Voda contract after selling my s**tberry.

Thats not cheap for a sim only deal

It wasn't a sim only deal. I got a BN Storm, however I wasn't to know they were going to be s**t.

Technically I got 5 Storms before I replaced it with the iPhone. Either way, it's a better deal than getting a 45 quid contract p/m with O2.

clio
Tesco's gonna be doing the iphone soon too... They hope to have it available before christmas - no clues on pricing yet... But wiv O2, Orange, Vodafone and Tesco's all trying to get people to switch i reckon there's gonna be some crackin' deals in the new year...

I want one - but my existing contract isn't up until February, and can't really justify the extra expense of buying out the remaining contract too... Bet there's a newer and better one out by then anyway! :rolleyes:

From here

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Apple will never bring out the best they can do. They are trying to drag it out as long as they can so they can get the most money. For example, the next model will just have a better camera or some s**t, when in reality they could build the best phone in the world - but what after that?? They wouldn't have anything to release every year... I have worked out it works out cheaper if you get one on contract + Pay as much as you can towards the phone. Buying the phone + getting a sim only contract on top isn't worth all the messing around + Initial outlay.

BMW F21 125d
Why would they bother? They'll both lose out.

There's plenty of people who want it. Keep the prices high. Keeps the profits high.

When I upgraded to the iPhone just last week, Orange told me that Apple themselves set the prices/tarrifs/talk plans etc...

The more you pay each month, the less you'll pay for the phone, and/or the longer the contract you take out (18 or 24 months)

So I am still better off sticking with my current deal and buying the iPhone :S

What is Vodafone's stance going to be on existing customers Ben?!

They won't care. New or old, you'll pay the same.

I personally think people are stupid all getting over excited about getting it on Orange/Voda atm. They will be the same people asking "how do I end my contract early?" "how much will it cost me to upgrade?"

Wait until the summer and get the new one.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Some people prefer vodafone, I know there service and signal where I stay is great compared with o2 and orange.

That's not what I meant.

They'll be signing up to 18month deals, 6 months before the new phone arrives.

Wait until June and get the next one on your preferred network.

All these people that have signed up to 18month deals recently to get a 3GS will be complaining in June when they realise it's going to cost a fortune to be able to upgrade to the new one.

o2/Voda/Orange will all be selling the new one. Granted all at the same price. So just pick your preferred network.