ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best location for tweeters

ive gota set of tweeters and want to locate them in the optimum part of the car to get the best sound from them, i have tried them at the side of the dash centre of the dash on the roof lining inline with the b post. does anybody have any other ideas, or do they have them set-uop in any of the places mentioned?

i must admit that with them in the centre of the dash they did sound better than at the edges, beacause there was less interferance from the surrounding speakers

:S depends what you like mate! if you want alot of vocals, and quality vocals like when listening to good ol MJ, then you want them up high like on the wing mirror panel bit or on the dash! otherwise if you dont like too much treble etc etc try n keeping them close to the mid bass

well i cant put them in the 4" speaker location as ive gota set of pioneer 3-ways in there so looks like im gon try the air vent option or stick them behind the drivers and passengers head. ive got a 16V dash and as i didnt bother getting the dials im wondering if i should fit them in that gap, behind a peice of alloy or something??:confused:

right just finished fitting the tweeters and ive decided to put them about 3" from the rails in the roof lining toward the centre of the car where you can hang your suit etc ( as you may guess i cant think of the proper name!!!) at the mo the sound is clear and crisp, and it has also taken care of the slight rattle i had on the drivers side roof lining, so double bonus!! the tweeters are held to the roof lining by good ol velcro