ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best lowering springs?

Astra coupe
Alright so when i finaly don't have anything to pay for i aim to get a set of lowering springs (can't afford coilovers just yet) They are for a mk2 ph1, looking at around a -40mm drop. i've heard Pi's give a s**t ride....but list your experiances and what you would say the best set is.

thanks

Golf R/Leon FR
for the money apex are the best ride quality is very very good and they drop the car nicely 40mm.

some people will say eibachs but they dont drop the car as much

TT
ive lowered on 40mm apex springs, im very chuffed with ride and lowering height. ive got standard shocks so the harshness hasnt changed too badly while driving across normal roads, however take speedbumps slow

Cooper S JCW
I've had standard springs/Pi Springs and now Eibach Sportlines fitted to my ph1 172. I have also been in my cousins clio with Apex springs fitted.

Standard = sh*t and are prone to failing

Pi Springs = better/cheaper than Renault parts giving only a slight lowering of 25mm front with 10-15mm and not too harsh a ride

Apex = good quality spring giving 40mm drop all round. A bit too harsh on the ride front for my taste but looks good

Eibach Sportlines = top quality with 30mm drop all round and handling is great :)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
got PI's on mine. looks good and rides good.

Attachments

• pi 1.JPG
    pi 1.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 99
  Chocolate Bar™
would recommend apex. the few sets of pi springs ive seen always drop the car more than they say they should when used on their own after time. so much so, the rear coils virtually touch each other giving a very entertaining drive.

i used to have koni special reds on my 1.2 and whilst the drive / handling was improved it didnt give a 35mm drop (which it claimed to) however the springs were actually stamped up as H&R ones. so ive no idea if my delivery was fooked

Monaco Blue Mk2
Apex IMO. Mine were a better ride than standard! :eek: My standard were very harsh for some reason. Cornering is much improved with reduced body roll. The looks are sooooooo much better than standard. IMO 40mm is the least you should be lowering a non sport. I'd much prefer to be lower but can't really justify the cost of a full apex 60mm kit or afford coilovers and tbh, I'd rather wait till I have a 172 to buy coilovers.