ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best oil to use 2004 182?

2004 clio 182 cup
We'll plan on changing my engine oil and filter what is the best grade of oil to use mileage is 112k

Part number for oil filter?

Can I get to sump plug without taking the under tray off?

Thanks

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Opie oils has a 15% promotion at the moment if its just oil. otherwise get on to Ebay and buy a full service kit from renaultpartsdirect.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Yes , a decent brand like Elf or shell helix ultra or Fuchs is good. You need 5L

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Sump plug is accessed by taking the little round cover off the under tray but remove the whole under tray. Sump plug needs a square 8mm socket - buy from halfords. Also make sure you get a sump plug washer.

Edit - loads of tissues under the oil filter when you remove it as it will dribble a lot.

2004 clio 182 cup
Yh just oil and filter iv just done the plugs which where very bad glad I did them. Where's the fuel filter located on these then May as well do that at the same time [emoji3]

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
No need to do fuel filter. it is under the backseat under the cover but its not that easy!

2004 clio 182 cup
I'm up for a challenge lol why no need pal my car is a bit lumpy on idle now and then and still the same with the new set of plugs well it's a bit better now may just be down to age.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Wont be the fuel filter (the lumpy idle) will be injectors. If you do injectors do proper searching here to make sure you get the correct injectors from the right place. A lot of places claim injectors are for a 182 when they arent and cause start up problems.