ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Tweeter Location! Where

Hey... Ive got a new clio on route (facelift model) & Ive got a set of 3 way components.... let me worry about where to put the woofer & the mid but I need to know whats the best place to make use of a good tweeter :)

Is it in the same place the standard one comes? or has people found better sounding places for the tweeter?

any suggestions is much appreciated... :D

cheers all! Oh yeah... Just thought Id say.. I like alot of vocals & nice n bright which will fill the cockpit with sound. so not in the footwell or down low in the door!

I always try to get the best point of reference when it comes to tweeter placement, but where the standard ones are, they seem to reflect off the windscreen straight at head height so that was why I was querying it as it seems to be in a good place.
I was more thinking on the flat panel on the wing mirror bit!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

and make sure the are pointed at your ears if you can, tweeters are VERY directional.

Yeah thats what Im thinking KDF... but thats what im asking... where they are in the dash, they are directed at an angled windscreen... so effectively they are being reflected off that straight at ur ears? is this true? Or is it worth moving to them to on top of the dash pointing at ur ears?

BamBam - in theory with components, it is best to keep them as close to the mid as possible, but Ive had one 4 inchs away from the mid (which was bottom of the door) and the sound was muffled & all the sound was coming from the foot well, but I moved the tweeter up onto the flat panel of the mirror & it sounded very sweet. SQ was amazing & the sound filled the cockpit!

But wanted other peoples opinions... So you say next to mid... KDF says try to keep near yet still have that point of reference...

anyone else??

I have had 2 sets in my car, the first was under the grille in the dash and my new ones are on top. To me the difference is that it is now clearer and not muffled as before. The vocals are much sharper now, which might be right for you mate!?

if you aim the tweeter up into the cabin, the sound will not be so muffled

when the tweeter is too near to your ears, the treble becomes to tinny (good technical word) so it appears that you are hearing all of the music, but you are missing out on loads of the bass

to be honest, once you have fitted the mids, try placing the tweeter in various places around the cabin to see how it will sounds, i would be surprised if you come to the conclusion that the tweeter sounds best anywhere other than within 2"-4" of the mids

i asked this same question about 3weeks ago and in the end i settled on putting them in the roof lining, about 3" from the roof handles. i must admit that it sounds really weird at first but once you get used to it its worth it in my opinion, have pics if you want

Yeah m8, the pics would be good cheers! can you email them to "connor@street-race.co.uk"
& cheers for the advice everyone, & bambam, me thinks I will try placing it everywhere & go from there.... but having the tweeter up high sure does make trance & dance sound soooooo much better! coz of the frequencies usually used in that kinda music.

Im half tempted to stick both sets of my components up front! have one tweeter next to mid, & one up high. lol, best of both worlds
Whats the biggest sized speaker you can fit in the original holes up front? 5.25"? coz ive got a 6.5", a 4" & a tweeter (3 way components) and trying to think of possible places to fit them! Might have to do some kinda teardrop in the footwell?
&
& the speakers in the the rear are 10cm (4") 2 way coaxials right?

you can squeeze a 6.5" in the original locations, but it is a lot of hard work

best bet would be to make some fibreglass pods to house all three speakers, and thenn mount them onto the doors, with a lot of sound deadening

hmmm.... hard decisions! I was hoping to get the woofer in where the original speaker went. Maybe fill in the hole where you put stuff & stick a mid in there! & put a tweeter up a lil higher on the door card or on the dash. But I will have to look into a pod that houses all 3. BUT! I dont really wanna be hacking away at the door cards unless I have a back up set from a scrappie or somet!
Maybe all 3 speakers on the dash & another mid bass in the door? lol seen it done on a beetle & sounded spectacular but I doubt the clio dash is deep enough!

Dingdong has now got me some piccies of the interior from all angles & every part for me to ponder over & design some ideas whilst im awaiting delivery of the car! But Im now thinking its gonna be quite difficult... I dont wanna get it professionally done. Coz i like doing things myself where I can and plus its alot cheaper!! cheers for the ideas bambam

well there will be a clio with mint interior going to a scrappy shortly, when reno insurance are finished with it, i will let you know the number of the scrappy it goes to

the dash on the clio is too flimsy to mount any speakers into and make them sounds decent

as i said above, the best bet is to make fibreglass pods and house them in there, either that or hack your interior to bits as it is the only way to fit that many speakers into the clio

Ok mate, cheers for all your help! looks like a backup interior & fibreglass pods are the way forward!!

What clio will be going there mate? not urs? what happened??? I am very interested in that interior....!

yes my car

was found crashed into a lamppost a week after being stolen

when i find out, i will let you know

sorry to hear that mate, that sucks :( :cry:

& I feel bad ripping stuff out of ur baby :( although if I do get anything out of it, I will come to the meets & you can still reminise with old times :)

What are you getting next?

currently have a Fiat Uno Turbo lined up

once my mini is finshed, i will be starting on a project valver

got a few cars then!! my mate and his friends just finished making a mini, was in a magazine (will have to dig it out to remember the name of the mag tho) and its being used in mini championships...

u may have heard of it? its like black with green graphics i think!

& a mate of mine has a fiat uno turbo.. man they shift!