ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best upgraded brakes for 1.2 16v Campus

07 Campus Sport 1.2
as above
im not wanting to track it or anything, its just that the brakes on the car at the minute arent as responsive as id like and they dont do well under hard braking. when im due new pads im gonna look into uprating the front discs and pads and think about converting the rears from drums to discs? so what discs and pads would you recommend just to get it to stop a bit quicker and respond better?
and is a rear brake conversion easy to do?

cheers

LY200
look on for sale threads, some one is selling a kte big brake kit for a 1.2 16v. they havent seen alot of use apparently. there 270 new he wants 150 plus postage. have a look!

LY200
also to do a rear disc conversion you will need a 172/182 rear axle IIRC which is alot of work for a 1.2. save your money

07 Campus Sport 1.2
fronts it is then :) what brakes discs would be best, ive looked at brembo max ones, there not too expensive and have had good reviews

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Just buy some decent new pads mate. Its only a 1.2, there really is no need for rear disc's.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no need for rear discs just do fluid, lines and uprated pads.

if it was me id go for 280mm 172 setup up front but it needs hubs, suspension, ARB and bottom arms.

07 Campus Sport 1.2
its getting a fluid change with sideways danny at 519 when it has its service with him in march. will see whats its like after that then.

Change the fluid, stick some ferodo pads in... did a great job for me

Ive got some used feredo pads for sale... still decent material left on the pads... PM if interested..

Not sure if mk2ph2 pads will fit the campus?

07 Campus Sport 1.2
Change the fluid, stick some ferodo pads in... did a great job for me

Ive got some used feredo pads for sale... still decent material left on the pads... PM if interested..

Not sure if mk2ph2 pads will fit the campus?

im pretty sure everything about the campus and the later 1.2 16v's is the same, other than the interior which is of its own design, the front bumper which is slightly skinnier, and the rear end, which is minus the plate on the boot. Engine/chassis/set up wise i think its all the same tbh

Sounds about right, just double checking...

Well i have some Ferodo premier pads, i run them currently on my car with new fluid and they are great.... when i had new discs i got new pads which i didnt need to but didnt know at the time... so i have some pads which have about 4k miles of ware, they still have 7-8mm material on the pads... i want £11 posted for them... if your looking for some slightly better cheap pads... PM me...

ITB'd MK1
Nothing at all wrong with the braking power of drums, they just get hotter a lot faster and fade. Clio rears do very little anyway so don't bother upgrading, just make sure everything is working as intended. Fronts I would again make sure everything is operating correctly, and if needed just new standard disks and some decent quality pads (Ferrodo, mintex or a few others, but avoid unipart and ultra cheap pads). Most of the time I find poor braking is down to pads being seized solid in the calipers, and fluid that's turned to treacle.

My Mk1 runs the same front setup as your 1.2, and i use standard disks with Ferrodo DSperformance pads, and for the road I've never needed more

Suzuki Jimny
As said already, fluid change will make them better.

7 year old fluid is not very effective and will make you s**t yourself/cry when you try to slow down from 120+ with a GT3 in front of you.

Johno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
You do realise Unipart pads are made by ferodo!!!

Nothing at all wrong with the braking power of drums, they just get hotter a lot faster and fade. Clio rears do very little anyway so don't bother upgrading, just make sure everything is working as intended. Fronts I would again make sure everything is operating correctly, and if needed just new standard disks and some decent quality pads (Ferrodo, mintex or a few others, but avoid unipart and ultra cheap pads). Most of the time I find poor braking is down to pads being seized solid in the calipers, and fluid that's turned to treacle.

My Mk1 runs the same front setup as your 1.2, and i use standard disks with Ferrodo DSperformance pads, and for the road I've never needed more

1.2 clio
I did hav a 1.2 and found the standard discs were very very good with green stuff pads... Personally I dnt c the point in changing the rears theres not alot of power... I'm still roling with drums with a 172 engine... Nutter I no but they do fine if they stop me then I cnt c the point in doing the rears on a 1.2.....