ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big Brakes

hey all i was looking to fit bigger brakes to my 172 4 pots to be exact,:eek: I was looking or was wondering if the brembo kit from the 225 laguna would fit? does anyone know if they would go on without any other mods?

cheers stevie

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

go direct to HI-SPEC, get the "billet 4" kit, not sure bout the megane setup tho

Quote: Originally posted by haitch on 15 September 2004

go direct to HI-SPEC, get the "billet 4" kit, not sure bout the megane setup tho
Make sure theyre the dust sealed caliper.

I would go direct too, maybe you could specify a blank disc which would be better than theyre drilled items. Wouldnt get greenstuff pads either...

Alternatively try the AP Racing and Brembo websites.

No point getting the Megane set up, wouldnt be as good as the aftermarket systems and would probably cost you twice the price.

-Rob

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

willwood 4 pots, group N disks, Willwood dot 4.5 fluid, braided lines, brackets, pads.

£380 inc next day delivery, bargain! and they stop like a mother fuker, especially when warm!

rally designs

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 15 September 2004

willwood 4 pots, group N disks, Willwood dot 4.5 fluid, braided lines, brackets, pads.

£380 inc next day delivery, bargain! and they stop like a mother fuker, especially when warm!

rally designs

Adam do they make a kit for the 172? Whats their URL?

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 15 September 2004

rally designs
according to them(rally design) they dont do these anymore can only get superlites at £500+

could someone get me there vin number from there v6! dont need it all just VF1**** (fill in blanks!)

thanks rich

Quote: Originally posted by richy on 15 September 2004

could someone get me there vin number from there v6! dont need it all just VF1**** (fill in blanks!)
Mk1 code is CB1A

Mk2 code is CB1H (well it works for the dialogys)

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 15 September 2004

Quote: Originally posted by richy on 15 September 2004

Mk1 code is CB1A

Mk2 code is CB1H (well it works for the dialogys)

nice one cheers mate:)

Full Fat 182 - Was..

would it make a good or bad differance if you fitted the smae size disks to the back as are fitted to the front? or do they havbe to be smaller????

thanks for all the replys guys!!

was anyone a knockhill today? I was and it was awful to say the least. only 1 or 2 clios and hey mine was well without beig big headed the best by far.

[Edited by stevie172 on 19 September 2004 at 1:12am]

Clio 182, Audi A3

Quote: Originally posted by haitch on 15 September 2004

go direct to HI-SPEC, get the "billet 4" kit

I went to HI-SPEC for my Alfa brakes, waited 7 months despite constant calls. Drilled discs immediately warped, were re-faced and are now warping again.

Had to adjust front/rear balance to compensate for improved front braking. What do you lot do about this on the Cio?

Do the Brembos have dust seals, can you get them for the back?

Im waiting for the Tarox 4 pot conversion that Nick (Hillpower) is going to be doing. As far as i know he is just waiting to make a bracket to fit the tarox williams 4 pots on to the 172, and they are priced between 800-900 £. But he seems to be prety busy so i dont know how long im going to be waiting.