ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bilberry wheel cleaner

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Redberry is similar. Potent! I'm using G101 now a days! Cheaper and is lasting for ages.

Megane R26
Clean them once, properly and seal them! Then, something like 10:1 G101 will do the job, or even car shampoo!

No point wasting money on expensive wheel cleaners. If you are doing numerous cars, then get Autosmart Smart Wheels - 5L for £15.

TTRS & V50
I use it, and its good s**t. Saying that i dont get my wheels soiled in s**t, so i've never used it getting tough marks off.

It last ages tbh. Spray on agitate with wet brush and rinse, jobs a good'un.

Renaultsport clio R27 F1
I use bilberry, its the best cleaner iv used, especially good when you consider the fact its not acid.

As said above clean you wheels properly/thoroughly with a good wheel cleaner, dry, and apply a few coats of sealent wax and they will be easy to clean every week. Saves loads on buying wheel cleaner products.

Is meant to be one of the best cleaners around, but as stated by previous posted, clean them up properly and shampoo and hot water is more than is necessary to clean them.

Ive never been pursuaded to buy any of this....would it be much better than car shampoo and water lol?
I clean it that way and apply wheel guard, cant see why I would need anymore tbh

197 cup/ skoda Fab vrs
I got some bilberry wheel cleaner in a goodie bag from the cs meet at Ne detailing at the weekend, and its awesome, just spray it on let it soak in and then throughly wash it off...... job done. The results are mint:)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Aye the Bilberry is the dogs bo##oks, after getting some myself at he meet as mentioned above, i never seen my wheels look so shiny,glossy and sparkle.it come concentrate so you can dilute with water to 1 -2, up to 1 -10 ratio, never going to get anything else but this

Gets my vote, My wheels are sealed with wax every ½ year. And i use this to clean every week or two, Minimal agitating required for me, Just washes all the dust off.

Smells nice too, Which is a bonus !

Just used if for the first time. I dont like idea of using acid based cleaners so have used cheap car shampoo or washing up liquid in past but got to say i am impressed with bilberry! Now a quick question, i mixed it up in a meguirs water bottle, 1/3 of the meguirs bottle left, how long should i keep it in the bottle for?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
For those who've applied wheel sealent and are using bilberry, I'd avise diluting it to at least 10:1 as any less it seems to remove some of the protection...

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
Just used if for the first time. I dont like idea of using acid based cleaners so have used cheap car shampoo or washing up liquid in past but got to say i am impressed with bilberry! Now a quick question, i mixed it up in a meguirs water bottle, 1/3 of the meguirs bottle left, how long should i keep it in the bottle for?

It should be ok until you run out and need to fill the bottle up again. :D

Ive never been pursuaded to buy any of this....would it be much better than car shampoo and water lol?
I clean it that way and apply wheel guard, cant see why I would need anymore tbh

Much better than car shampoo, If your wheels are lookin abit grubby from the rainy days just aggitate with a wheel brush and the results will speak for themselves.

bilberry and wheel brush FTW!!!

This stuff is very good, but as a previous posted has stated, make sure that you are diluting it, because it can be strong enough to remove LSPs and other sealents.

10:1 is the usual.

A Flamin' Red one
When diluting detailing products at say, 10:1, 4:1 etc. what actually is the measurement of liquid. How much is 10, how much is 1...?

:eek:

What ever you need fella. I.e. if you want a half a litre (just saying) then you will need 50ml of cleaner, 450ml of water.

The ratios are said as one in ten, or one in five. So technically that is 9 parts water to one part cleaner, making ten parts.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I got abit of spray in my eyes the other week cos it was windy, it was abit sketchy for a day or 2, i rinsed my eye with water to be on the safe side it's fine now. I got my bilberry about 1 - 8 ratio now awsome stuff

I got abit of spray in my eyes the other week cos it was windy, it was abit sketchy for a day or 2, i rinsed my eye with water to be on the safe side it's fine now. I got my bilberry about 1 - 8 ratio now awsome stuff

Foam heads FTW!!!!!! :rasp:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Wonder wheels is really potent stuff, defo get rids of the sh@t and does the job, but i think it dosn't deliver the finish of Bilberry

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i got some car lack 86 on my skin PH nuetral, my arm came up in a massive rash along with my face, i didnt even feel any go on me

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i got some car lack 86 on my skin PH nuetral, my arm came up in a massive rash along with my face, i didnt even feel any go on me

Fu@@hell pretty bad sh@t that like how long did you have that rash for like?
I dont have any problems on the stuff i use suppose everyone is different ie skin

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
erm a week, it wasnt ichy just constantly warm, didnt really bother me, face wasnt to bad after 2days but my arm there was a perfect mark were it had gone on my arm and my bracelet had got in the way so i had a white chain mark around my arm wish id took a picture

Foam head?, i've had a few sherberts so take it easy

Just use an empty bottle and quater fill with hot water spray till there is no more water, stops the product damaging the internals. ;)

Just because they're not chemical resistant they need cleaning out.

Wonder wheels is really potent stuff, defo get rids of the sh@t and does the job, but i think it dosn't deliver the finish of Bilberry

No where near as good as bilberry, wonder wheels destroys lacquer because of the high acid content. :D