ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 1.2 16v

Clio 1.2 16v
Ive decided to start my project thread again as ive changed my mind as to what i want to do to the car. I bought it a few days ago for £900 :). Here are a few pictures of how i got it:

http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/james8111/?action=view&current=P1000519.jpg

http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums...4/james8111/?action=view&current=P1000517.jpg

http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums...4/james8111/?action=view&current=P1000518.jpg

My plans:
Lower 60mm (I think) all round
Remove racing stripe
Maybe a 182 interior

Im going to keep the car simple as i dont have loads of money right now and need to spend a bit of money fixing an engine fault.

Please let me know what you all think of the car and my plans for it. Thank you for looking.

Good buy for £900! Whats up with the engine?

Get rid of them lights &stickers, and lots of tyre shine should be on your plans too :)

Oh and new numberplates.

Clio 1.2 16v
iratic idle. replaced map sensor yesterday which should have sorted it but it hasnt. going to remove the k&n induction kit cos that may be what is causing the problem. I am going to replace throttle bodies if that doesnt sort it. ive just been looking at your car. love it!! and im doing back to black on tires soon!

a low one
Looks a solid buy that mate, certainly a great base to start with!

few simple mods would really smarten it up abit:

plain number plates ( few quid at any motor factors )
standard rear lights?
definatly needs lowering ( springs or rokkor coilovers if moneys tight )
spray the wheels anthracite so the wheels dont look as grey or keep it topped up with tyre shine!

look forward to the updates

As said cheapest best first thing... Tyre shine !!

Paint that cold air feed at the front black if your going to keep it,

And id go back to standard rear lights with silvertec bulbs...

Then go from there :)

Clio 1.2 16v
Yea. definatly going to lower 60mm, i like the rear lights personally so will keep those. Which back to black/tyre shine is the best?

a low one
just go to halfords or a motor factors and have a look around at the cleaning products. everyone has different opinions

i actually used back to black plastic spray on my tyres and they actually looked ace and didnt rub off to easy!

the rear lights just look a little " chavvy " but its your car lol. what exhausts on it or is it just a universal box?

Clio 1.2 16v
Ok thanks guys. and its a universal savage 3.5" i believe. A lot less noisy than my old car!! I had a 106 with a 7x4" rectangle back box. I hated that thing so much! The backbox not the car lol

Clio 1.2 16v
my old back box was not. I would have had to take it off if i got stopped because it was too loud. the one on my clio isnt too loud at all. probably about 75% of the noise level of a subaru impreza. You can get adjustable back boxes that you make louder or quieter by turning a little flap within the tip using a key you get with the back box. they sound really good!

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Id say keep the strip and just buy coileys, other than that the car looks pretty good!

Just get all the diamond in white and the Clio badge in black ;)

Clio 1.2 16v
i was thinking about some coilovers but im not going to have the car for much more than a year or 2 so it seems like a bit of a waste. im only going for looks not performance, so for me springs are perfect. and im on a budget :(

BMW E36 328
The induction kit should affect the idle..... Great way to start and you got that at a bargin price, just buy a decent set of lowering spring not a cheap set of coilovers.

Clio 1.2 16v
it was a bargain but ive got to spend 200 ish fixing it hence the low price. I agree with what you said rob about the good springs not cheap coilovers. How much do you all think i should lower it? im thinking 60mm all round or 40mm front and 60mm rear

Clio 1.2 16v
Right, im thinking of lowering her 60mm in a few weeks. If i lower 60mm on springs will i need to replace the shocks at all or will it be ok? Also, does anyone know where i can get a standard air filter from? The car has a k&n induction kit on it but it seems to be causing the engine some problems.
Thanks

BMW E36 328
I think when people go 60mm they uprate the shocks aswel. I have a standard airbox mate. Perfect condition.

Drop me a pm if you want it mate providing its the right one lol

Clio 1.2 16v
The stripe is now off the car :). Its left a bit of sticky stuff where it was placed but im sure it'll come off in rain and when i wash it etc. Does anoyone have any opinions on getting the ports in the front bumper taken out? Also, do you all think 60mm would make it look too Euro style because thats not what im going for with this car.
Thanks

1.2 y0!
40mm and 10 or 20mm spacers all round would look nice, give it a 'sportier' stance if thats what your going for??

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
if your wanting to go euro style then your going to need coilovers and custom rear springs

spacers bring the wheels further out

1.2 y0!
spacers go behind the wheels and litterally 'space' out the wheels so 10mm spacers all round makes the wheel base of the car 20mm wider, that along with 40mm drop would give a nice stance, its what i plan to do when i get around to lowering mine.

Clio 1.2 16v
What does everyone have against my poor lights lol? Only joking. I quite like the idea of spacers but not sure if they'll make much difference. Can you please all give your opinions on what would look better:
Either 60mm all round or 40mm with 10/20mm spacers?
Thanks

soon to be 182 ;)
down and out, but for 60mm get coilovers and custom springs, if not 40mm springs and 10mm spacers :)

Turbos.
Lights aren't particularly attractive, but at least they aren't Lexus lights. Exhaust is the worst part for me, its a shame it has meant your bumper has been cut.

I'm not sure on getting -60mm springs on a car that would have fairly well used dampers by now. Coilovers are the way to go, you get a degree of ride comfort whilst being able to go very low. I'd go with FK Highsports, but they are just under £500, so half the value of your car! However, they'd also be worth something when it comes to selling the car...

In all honesty, you were better off starting with a bog standard car.

Clio 1.2 16v
I think im going to go 40mm at the front and 60mm at the rear. Thanks for all the advice guys i appreciate it. I'll put up some more pictures once ive had some more work done

Clio 1.2 16v
Just a quick update. I have sprayed all the badges on the wheels blue :) going to lacquer them all today and put them on the car monday probably, just give the lacquer time to dry properly and its raining here today so wont put them on today. Ill get some pictures up of them on the car when they're all done. Comments please

Clio 1.2 16v
I know lol. It didnt look too big when I bought it but when I put it on the car it looked bigger somehow lol

Clio 1.2 16v
Seeing as i have the whole day free Tuesday im going to give the car a clean, put blue badges on and take all the sticky stuff off left by the stripe and use some tyre shine as suggested by most people so ill put a few pics up tuesday night with the nice black tyres :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
I'd go for the 60mm drop, some good tyre shine, new k-tec exhaust system, paint brake calipers and drums and a good detail! Get some more pics up aswell using the img code :)

Clio 1.2 16v
How do you get the pictures to come up in the thread itself from photobucket? I could only do it this way??