ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black car owners

all u black car owners would you have another black car alot of people say they would, i for one did say my next car wouldnt be black but now i am changing my mind after cleaning it tonight it looks stunning and i love it Black is back. imo :)

Vee dub

I dont ever want a black car to be honest, such a pain.

I prefer other colours too

Lok cool when clean (for that 10 mins)

Tom

5 min yes u cant beat black, i love freds car black car,alloys,tints,low as f**k, all black loving it. as allways rjay shiny as f**k ur door looks to high follow side strip ??

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Davehughes on 15 August 2005

all u black car owners would you have another black car alot of people say they would, i for one did say my next car wouldnt be black but now i am changing my mind after cleaning it tonight it looks stunning and i love it Black is back. imo :)

Personally I love black cars and would get another. Black really suits every model of car unlike some colours and it looks stunning when kept clean. Hubby has a black BMW and it looks so much blacker than mine when parked beside it, and has nothing to do with the cleaning either. :)

i think the new forum should have a black clios section. black is a colour look at rjays, got to love black gold, i like my pearl black.

106 GTi

Of all the colours cars I have had, I have never been able to get any off them to look as mirror like as Black, when all polished it takes on every colour around it.

Black looks stunnign when clean.

I nee to wash mine some time give it the true low and attention it deserves.

I was going to get a yellow car next just for a change.

Yaris Hybrid

I had a black car and will never touch one again.

After spending the best part of the day washing and polishing they look better than any other colour going.

Wake up the next morning and they look absolutely terrible. Its nothing short of torture.

mines not that bad it get dusty but still looks fine unless it rains, dust dont bother me that much, can stay clean for a week with no rain.

Leon TDI

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever....ever again.
It requires constant cleaning in the Summer to look good, and itll never look good in Spring, Autumn or Winter months. Even in the Summer months the dust easily shows up.
Youll get to the stage where you wont even want want to use the window washers as they will leave drying marks and make the car look dirty.

I agree they look fantastic when cleaned, well for as long as they stay on your drive, but soon get dirty out on the road.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dmcgrath/cliosport/182_1.jpg

Beetle

my last car was black and i loved it, but hated how dirty it always got, i know its not a clio but hey here it is

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3/scott1987/my%20old%20cars/back.jpg

id definitely have another black car cos of the deep shine you can get on them:D

[Edited by Scott1987 on 15 August 2005 at 10:10pm]

damn i miss that car for the styling of it:cry:, but then they are way too common, it was slow as fuk compared to the valver, and i only got 25mpg max runni about:eek:

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 15 August 2005
1z wax polish soft, 1 z glanz wax and then spit shined with megs #16

Glanz looks good on Black then? Not tried it on mine ..yet!

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 15 August 2005

1z wax polish soft, 1 z glanz wax and then spit shined with megs #16

The WPS made it look fantastic, the glanz was spritzed on so as not to disturb the application, indeed I checked it afterwards in a 500w light and none or very little of the fillers had been removed.

Here is a pic with glanz only not quite as wet/deep as with #16 on top

Before

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Brazoo/Before.jpg

After

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Brazoo/after.jpg

We got 2 black clios, 182 & V6, I use a japanese motorbike wax cos it doesnt leave any white and polishes up quicker than regular car waxes.

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 15 August 2005Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 15 August 2005 1z wax polish soft, 1 z glanz wax and then spit shined with megs #16
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]The WPS made it look fantastic, the glanz was spritzed on so as not to disturb the application, indeed I checked it afterwards in a 500w light and none or very little of the fillers had been removed.  Here is a pic with glanz only not quite as wet/deep as with #16 on topBeforehttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Brazoo/Before.jpgAfterhttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Brazoo/after.jpg

As always the carnuba adds to the show. Made a nice difference - Great workand shots.

So it was the Wax Polish that really gave the look? Must give this combo a try after I have finished playing with the UPP/WG combo.

^^TBH Ive probably ended up with the same look but better durability than WPS on its own. I used it to fill some light swirling as didnt have time/inclanation to machine polish

106 GTi

^^TBH Ive probably ended up with the same look but better durability than WPS on its own.  I used it to fill some light swirling as didnt have time/inclanation to machine polish

I dont own any WPS so another one for the shopping list then. Loads of stuff I need (sorry want/have) to try again now, all this talk of Optimum polish and wax, Nattys blue, re formulated EX.

i just got my first car and didnt realise how bad black ones are to clean. i spent 4 hours on it last sunday, it was gleaming.... 5 days later it looked so dirty.... gave it a quick wash today but thought i could get away with out leathering it properly. how wrong was i? looks sh*t now need to spend about 3 hours tomorrow morning, wortrh it though when its clean.

anyone here use car washes occasionally to keep it looking good without it being a piss take and you having to do it every other day?

no car washes thats criminal, askin for swirls

i havent waxed mine for 2 weeks, if use a wash mit and two bucket and wash every think off it will look good.

i have washed mine tonight autoglym soap, sponge, looks mint, megs wax is good. i clean mine every week, takes bout 3/4 just washing. bout 7hr if i wax and clean inside, as i polish alloys, shine arch inner, everythink

[Edited by Davehughes on 15 August 2005 at 11:05pm]

106 GTi

Car wash is real no no!!!

Mine doesnt really count as it sits in the garage all week so stays clean.

When well sealed and waxed, I find it comes up well when washed and sprayed with a quick detail spray.

Renault ChaVio

That clio looks awsome. You are clearly a well practiced polisher!
That other car is nice too – what is it?

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by clio_nut on 15 August 2005
anyone got any tips on keeping them clean... as i said polished it last week and its filthy! any products / ideas?

I wash mine with Sonax Shampoo, and Quick detail spray after a wash to enhance the gloss and give a just waxed look. They are a fair few off these sprays out there, which one to use depends on what you use to polish wax the car with and if you want an off the shelf product.

Quote: Originally posted by clio_nut on 15 August 2005

anyone got any tips on keeping them clean... as i said polished it last week and its filthy!

any products / ideas?
Yes dont drive it lol

R-Jay a sample of WPS is winging its way to you, well on Friday anyway!