ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Diamond pads and disks?

Black Gold with cup packs
Any info on these pads! And Iwas considering upgrading the rear discs toi the black diamond disks! Any point in doing this? or should I stick with OEM?

for the rear? I am going to try these Black diamond pads on the front I think!

Black dimond disks are very good but only worth while on the front rears are fine with stock.

stock disk though are fine anywya just if your experiacing trouble it hard track days then there a good upgrade root.

53 Clio's & counting
^^^^^^^ agreed, the clio has such a light rear end anyway any stonger braking from the back could lead to overbraking from it, thats from experience :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I dont suppose after market discs with standard callipers is going to make much diffrence with stopping?

I take its the drilled and grooved discs?

B.D Discs are good , although when run with there own pads are pretty awful. I found B.D discs with either Ferodo DS2500's or Mintex 1144's/Extreme pads to be very good.

Although as mentioned , unless you desperately want extra stopping power a decent quality standard disc and pad are perfectly fine.

I have about 35 more horses than standard, so ifeel Ineed the extra stopping ability!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
If I had to change discs for MOT anyway - I'd probably get some drilled/grooved etc even on the rear - just for show - and because they won't be any more expensive than the OEM discs anyway.

I dont suppose after market discs with standard callipers is going to make much diffrence with stopping?

I take its the drilled and grooved discs?
They will make a small different nothing as much as different pads do though.

There drilled and groved I think from memory.
I have about 35 more horses than standard, so ifeel Ineed the extra stopping ability!
Thats not a huge amount of extra plus depends how you drive etc.
If I had to change discs for MOT anyway - I'd probably get some drilled/grooved etc even on the rear - just for show - and because they won't be any more expensive than the OEM discs anyway.
Don't bother fpor the rear drilled disks crack in use usually black dimon are miles better but for the rears stock are way better they don't crack and are more than enough.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
^^^^^^^ agreed, the clio has such a light rear end anyway any stonger braking from the back could lead to overbraking from it, thats from experience :)

Is that right? Im also thinking of getting some drilled discs (more for asthetic purpose than function) but if thats the case ill just stick some stock discs on the rear:eek:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my black diamond drilled and grooved front disks on my 1.2 cracked to f**k and failed an mot.

dont bother upgrading rear disks, the renault ones although costing £190 odd come with the bearings presed in etc saves hastle! plus because they last forever drilled disks would crack way before they needed replaced.

MON

titty cup'd 182
I used black diamond pads on my previous car and was very pleased with them. I am about to order a pair for the 182 and my other car. The main benefit being they are a very low dust pad, but also perform very well (normal/fast road use).