ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blistein coliovers question

Alfa GTA
Does this look alright? I put the adjustable springs on the back but the adjustable cups I put on don't fit snug to the raised cup on the arm and don't bolt to the arm like my vmaxx ones Did, I take it the weight of the car will keep the adjustable cup in place?

Attachments

• 20170827_132639.jpg
    20170827_132639.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 85

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I thought exactly the same when I fitted mine last month and a quick panic message to @bloke made me rest assured and this how they are. When dropped down they do level out a bit. One tip is just make all faces are cleaned up.
@Clio Nabz

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
There fitted wrong.

The adjusters goes on the top. If you look, you'll see your spring is upside down as the writing is upside down.

You can also still use the original rubbers.

dan's cast offs.
There fitted wrong.

The adjusters goes on the top. If you look, you'll see your spring is upside down as the writing is upside down.

all the ones i've seen have been fitted that way? never actually fitted any myself though.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It's a pig!

Weird because most coilovers set up like this on the mk2s have the adjusters at the bottom.

I think it's these and KW that have them at the top? Unsure why though.

Alfa GTA
Cheers for the replies guys, so the adjusting cup sits on the top, I did put it on top and was still lose I take it again this is just held there by the spring compression? My vmaxx ones were bolted from the bottom

Also I take it there should only be one rubber bung on the bottom

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The car should come with a rubber on the top and below. Some people run with both, 1 or even none.

Can always pick them up second hand if someone is breaking one.

Alfa GTA
Only got one on mine at the top of the spring but someone did fit vmaxx to them, I take it they just threw one of them out

Alfa GTA
Yea my thoughts too, just searching for some now, I noticed tho that it looks like you don't run one at the top tho is that right?

Alfa GTA
Question for you guys again, where did you get the M9 nut for the rear shocks I think someone said it's a M9 1.00 pitch
They didn't supply any rear nuts I the box :(

Alfa GTA
Yay more problems!
I've sorted the rear out now thank God but the front when I bolted them up and put the abs wire holder back on it catches my 15" 2118 wheels, what have you boys done to get over it? That's if you have 15" wheels

Attachments

• 20170909_105712.jpg
    20170909_105712.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 36

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry for the late reply. I was working tonight on the car so I took a few pics for you.

Without spacers, my wheels seem to hit the abs holder like yours does. I run a 16mm spacer up front and with that, it clears.

1st pic with no spacer, 2nd pic with 16mm spacer.

20170911_190634.jpg
20170911_190825.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I have 2118s too.

When I didn't run the spacers for a few days (I can't remember 100% why I took them off but I was painting the center caps i seem to recall) my abs holder scored the inside of my 2118s where it had rubbed them. A spacer will solve this.

5mm - 20mm, depending on your preference.