ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody dealership's!!!

S2 106 GTI
Ever since changing my steering wheel over (sabelt to original) I have the TC and SERV light on - Birchdown changed the steering position sensor as the horn wouldn't work and this is connected to it. Still the lights where on they tried to erase the fault but every time you started the car up the lights wouldn't be on then as soon as you move the wheel then come on....... They said you might have to take it to a dealership to get re-calibrated.

Many thanks to Jonny1*2 off here has been a great help, he has renault clip software and we tried having ago to fix it.... sadly nothing seemed to work, the sensor wasn't reading correctly which meant Renault would have to be nxt thing.

This week my car has been there £79.80 diagnostic charge, couldn't find anything.... The rang me up asking for another hr and diagnostic test..... £79.80+£30odd

They found the fault! another part in the steering sensor which they never knew existed?! the part... £200!

Anyway the part did the trick when I went to pick the car up I complained that they remove the extra hr to put the steering wheel and plastic trim back together as I did it half the time... kindly they did! :D

Still walked away with a nice bill of £360 :(

Fiesta ST-3
s**t thats steep :( I hate some stealers. Had nothing but issues with the local ones. But then the next closest are superb. Always pricey though.

Do nothing but rape you!

I paid out £370 for a new UCH last week, just to get my indicators working again! The part itself was £250. I made sure that I got my old one back to make sure that they actually changed the part, and then couldnt make more money by refurbing it and selling it on.
I couldnt believe for a little circuit, ive had to pay that amount though!

S2 106 GTI
Sadly some things can only be done by the dealers.... in this case mine! oh well #244 is back up and running great again!

Black Clio GT
its fact that renault dont make much/if anything on selling cars....
they just rip customers off for parts to make profit!!!

Mini Cooper S
Damn rich that is not on!! Nevermind least it's sorted apart from the sting in the ass of a bill!!

its fact that renault dont make much/if anything on selling cars....
they just rip customers off for parts to make profit!!!

Really?? I've always thought that it wouldn't be "that" expensive for the manufacturers to build a car. What sort of gains do they get for each new car they make/sell?

Black Clio GT
when you factor in design/development and build costs and paying royalties to other makes to use there parts, the actual overall cost per car leaves little profit in percentage terms...
yet they make 500%+ on some parts..