ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bluetooth Dongle query

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I'm trying to update my Alpine Headunit via wife's Windows 7 Laptop.

I bought a cheap dongle off eBay and have connected the laptop to the headunit. I can't browse the headunit in control panel to install the update file. Its definately connected.

A silly question but Alpine have said the dongle has to support FTP. Does that mean there are different types of dongles? I can't seem to find many that have FTP in their description? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to get a new Dongle or there's a windows issue.

I rang my local Maplins and the guy didn't know if their Dongles support FTP.

Polo + Micra
that is crap.

well most BT dongles should do FTP (file transfer protocol)

if you can send a file to a non-iphone then it should work to update the head unit

you can't browse the headunit from the laptop normally you can open the update on the pc that will launch some alpine update software and it will ask you to connect to the device to install isn't there any instructions on how to update it can't you look on the alpine website and look for a guide on how to install it

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Mines a cde 133. I reconnected the headunit to the laptop via bluetooth but I can't put the update file in the update section of the headunit.