ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW M5s replacement.....

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I get it. Go for it. Brave for wanting to put up with something so hardcore every day, but fair play. It will do your head in half the time, but rock your world the rest of it. Saving money over the M5 and zero depreciation to boot.

People get very caught up in "fancy" performance cars. I've driven a few and, like you, many leave me cold. Impressive, but not engaging. There is very little to match a RenaultSport for engaging, while still having some practicality too.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The only thing I can see being slightly wearing is having to do the belts every time you get in and out. Other than that it will be absolutely fine as a daily, I imagine the OP has driven and owned an array of cars in varying states of tune over the years and would be used to slightly stiffer suspension, harsher ride than a normal road car. Slightly noisier exhaust notes, a rattle hear and there.
Things like that never bothered me as it was part of the car, it was the passengers mainly women that owned 'normal' cars who would moan as they're being bounced about in the car lol

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Test drove Ktecs example today and it was very good. Theirs has had a map so a fair bit of punch over standard, ride was good also.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
No they have a black, to be fair I like the colour a lot, that or luner which only 4 remains.....

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
So the question is, would you go for a lower mid example with no cage or titanium exhaust, or the higher mixer with it?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
All the options for me, but it depends.
If it was a keeper i'd go for a low miler that I could source bits for. If its a daily for a couple of years then I would want all the options. That would also help sell it on later when its got a few more miles on it.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
So the question is, would you go for a lower mid example with no cage or titanium exhaust, or the higher mixer with it?
No point buying one without the options. You might as well save £16k and buy an R26 lol.
For me, it woulld have to be an R26R exclusive colour, with all the special bits.
0_0_5fd1ac04a22a438d89aa4c7071743183_1

Actually, that photo reminded me how f*cking ugly they are from the back/side.
Buy a GP2 😂

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
OK so the 1st one posted has sold, went with the k tec one in the end.

I know there will be a few that say you need the cage and exhaust. Well the car has a full turbo back molten exhaust with remap, goes really well.

As for the cage, you and I both know it's just a show cage, I have seen the fittings.

It's also only done 25k which suits me as I only do 4K per year the other had just unde 34k which was nagging me a bit.

Wheels will be red as they have a fresh set ready to fit.

Will get it detailed when I collect and sealed with gtech.

IMG_0991.JPG

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Forgive my ignorance, what is the difference over a R26 with buckets if it doesn't have the cage/titanium exhaust?

Plastic back window, erm and that's about it isn't it? oh, and some stickers.

Edit: I think shocks and springs are different due to the lower weight (Where does the weight saving come from other than the glass and back seats?)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Edit: I think shocks and springs are different due to the lower weight (Where does the weight saving come from other than the glass and back seats?)
Ah. I'm guessing the titanium exhaust normally saves a lot of weight.
I've also just read the weight difference is lux vs R26R. I don't know if its true but the internet said so.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Weight saving is 120kg without the exhaust.

Plastic rear windows, different shocks and springs, different wheels, carbon bucket seats, all insulation stripped, driver airbag only, different spoiler, manual mirrors, no Xeons.

There is always going to the the argument of "why not mod a R26" coz it's not the same as owning something that was purposefully built that way from factory.

Same argument as a mapped Evo MR340 vs FQ400 back in the day.

Or a M3 modded to be the same as a CSL.

Add the fact that I have never seen one, only 70 uk examples left, they keep getting deported to other country's, I have something unique and absolute hoot to drive, more fun than my standard Evo ;-)

Pretty sure I won't lose a penny either....

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Still proper cool, and fairplay, but the cage makes them imo!

Wont it be a bit of a PITA come resale?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Not really, it adds nothing to the car. I want to drive it not look at it lol

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just the one thing that shows what it is immediately!

Jealous though. Have you got it yet?

Evo 5 RS
Nice one, Ant. Get some pics up :smile:

Weight saving is 120kg without the exhaust

Same argument as a mapped Evo MR340 vs FQ400 back in the day.

Pretty sure I won't lose a penny either....

Only difference there is nobody wants the FQ400s :tongueout:

R26R every time.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
About 16 grand 😂
Car looks lovely, but i genuinely dont see the point in a non-specced one over an R26 with some buckets.

You need to get your head around the cage, it does nothing to support anything, it's a show cage. Shitter about the exhaust but it has a miltek turbo back with miltek cat, that's good enough for me.

It was also the cheapest car for sale with the right milage.

Evo 5 RS
Wash your mouth out sunny ;-)

I would trader my Mak RS in a heart beat.
I DON'T...believe you :smiley:

I think you'll have a hoot in this car. Although I can already hear you tutting trying to strap yourself in every morning. 6 point is no point on a road car lol