ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BOO-hiss! Infantry-only maps in BF2?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Ok - soap-box time.

Last night was the first time I'd had a go at BF2 in literally months. I applied the latest patch and got ready for some tank ownage.

Except I couldn't. The main reason being that out of the quickest ten servers in ping times, the top eight were all infantry only. There were even some of the goddamn-awful 'pistol and knife only' ones in there too.

The ones that did have vehicles included had like 3 people playing in them. I just don't get this at all. Having vehicles included in it, is core to what BF2 and BF2142 actually are. They set the ball rolling with the original BF1942 and developed it from there.

If I wanted to p1ss-about chasing after people only, I'd go and play CSS - not the BF series.

Rant over. Let the flaming commence.... ;)

D.

172 Cup
85.236.101.34:16567.png

T

thecremeegg

Thats weird, i played a few weeks ago, and there are loads of low ping servers with vehicles :S
You havent applied a wrong filter have you?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thats weird, i played a few weeks ago, and there are loads of low ping servers with vehicles :S

I did think that at first m8 - but the presence of vehicle-enabled maps led me to think that no-one was playing on them at the time.

I have noticed that ''No vehicles = 1" flag on the load screen. Is that option relatively new? I don't recall seeing that before.

My last wish with a BF2 patch before EA/DICE abadon it altogether, is that the single-player game can use the unlocks of the multiplayer - just like BF2142. That would be a really good addition.

D.

172 Cup

I did think that at first m8 - but the presence of vehicle-enabled maps led me to think that no-one was playing on them at the time.

I have noticed that ''No vehicles = 1" flag on the load screen. Is that option relatively new? I don't recall seeing that before.

My last wish with a BF2 patch before EA/DICE abadon it altogether, is that the single-player game can use the unlocks of the multiplayer - just like BF2142. That would be a really good addition.

D.

It was added in the last/final BF2 patch Darren.

Infantry only is where its at! Especially on strike at karkend.

With 64~ people playing and no vehicles... its quality, might have a blast on bf2 later if i remember >: D

D.

you can download a mod that does this. I also have one that lets you play 64 player maps on single player.

I usually play online if at all but when my net fucked up a few months back i installed these to keep me going

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

D.

you can download a mod that does this. I also have one that lets you play 64 player maps on single player.

I usually play online if at all but when my net f**ked up a few months back i installed these to keep me going

Nice one - I'll have a look for that mod! It doesn't screw-up PB and kick you off from playing online, does it?

D.

I usually play online if at all but when my net f**ked up a few months back i installed these to keep me going

Nice one - I'll have a look for that mod! It doesn't screw-up PB and kick you off from playing online, does it?

D.

Nah, as its a mod.. launch up battlefield 2, then go to community, then go on the second tab (cant remember what the tab says on it) and a mod will come up (cant remember what thats called either, lol) just click on that, and click activate.

If you're having trouble finding/installing them just gimme a shout