ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bose 1sr how much ?!

A SHED!
So i saw an advert for the bose 1sr but it's 1k+. Basically i have a budget of about 200 for a sound bar just to liven up the tv for films,games etc.Can anyone recommend a decent product? thanks.

Clio 1.2 mk2
What size TV is it going under? Yamaha YAS101 is pretty good at around that price. Suits up to a max of 42" otherwise it looks a little small.
If its smaller then the Philips CSS2123 is pretty good for a very small bar.
Bigger Tv's could use the LG NB2420A, however the Yamaha is by far the best of these 3.

Hope that helps.

A SHED!
cheers buddy, its a 46" samsung. Its just to go above my ps3 in my unit if that makes sense? don't want speakers everywhere.

Clio 1.2 mk2
The HLS isn't bad in the above post. And yes you will get a better sound from a proper 5.1 setup but soundbars aren't bad for a stereo sound.
Nice to see someone uses Richersounds, I work there ;)

We also do an Onkyo Htx22 which is a small 2.1 with the amp in the sub and capacity to take 3 more speakers. That ones £250

http://www.richersounds.com/search/htx22hdx

Clio 1.2 mk2
If your anywhere near the cardiff store i'm sure they would do a demo or Chester. Depends where abouts in wales you are.
The HTX22 is your best bet. Can get a wider stereo pair for better sound stage. If possible try and get a small centre off ebay (maybe a Tannoy EFX or SFX centre) should make a large difference for a tiny bit of extra space used and no need to run cables behind you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-EF...iFiSpeakers&hash=item35bd7ed00c#ht_634wt_1348

not the nicest looking speaker but cheap and they sound great, while staying small
I would be a little wary of this seller tho, price doesn't seem bad but they are a fairly old speaker and as far as I can remember they only came as a 5.1 pack so not sure how he has 5 BN centres :s but still not a bad price if legit. We sold our ex display one about 4 months back for £40

If you need any more info feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Spend 1k+ on a seperates 2.1/5.1 and it would piss over that Bose piece of s**t lol...

If you follow the above post then I have a tannoy SFX centre I could sell you;).

PM if interested and will work out a price.