ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bose or Sonos

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
One of my house mates has the Bose soundlink mini, its pretty darn good for such a small thing!

I can only imagine the bigger one is even better.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
The Bose thing is brilliant, and great if you want to take it out and about. But I think sonos is better, especially if you have multiple. It's great for parties, or just listening around the house.

The app is great aswell and can link I to all your music on your phone/pc aswell as spotify and Napster etc.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I think I'll go have a listen to both. I know I'm paying a premium for Bose but it's apparently pretty good.

Tempted by the sonos so In a larger house I could have a few knocking around.

Civic FN2 Track Car
Go for the soundlink mobile, I've got 2 of the version ones and a mini, there great, portable and sound fantastic.

Fiesta ST
I've had the Bose soundlink II since it was released. It still gets used every single day either just connectiing my phone as a general music player or using it as my MacBook speaker.

As as far as sound goes, yes a lot of people think Bose is overpriced and their is better for the money but I love the bass Bose give which is why I chose to buy their products.

The best thing to do is get yourself to a shop and listen to them both and see which sound you prefer.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Soundlink mini is full of win. We bought one at Christmas and it's brilliant.

late 2003 172cup
Sonos stuff is pretty good, if you can afford the sub, you have every angle covered, but I will say the smallest speaker sounded better than the mid priced one on its own ;)

Polo
I picked up the bose soundlink 2 a couple of weeks ago now, Indiana fair bit of research first and can safely say it's been an awesome buy. The bass is impressive on normal rock and pop songs but obviously lacks for drum and bass (obviously) but a well rounded product and v loud and full if not somewhat over priced but still an awesome bit of kit

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Bought a Bose soundlink mini for my folks and its a wicked little speaker, impressed with it for its size.

I picked up a Play1 just after Christmas whilst the free bridge offer was on for us to use and again that sounds great too.

Though I'd try the sonos to see what it was like as a system with the software etc, not been using it a huge amount as its just in the kitchen but will probably get some more for other rooms.

SQ5
B&W Zepplins are great, especially now they have the lightning dock.

Most important thing with Sonos if it sounds tinny and flat is to turn loudness on in the EQ settings

Tangoed Works
Even though now discontinued an arcam r cube is fantastic. I picked up an ex display one from richer sounds for £135. Perfect crisp balance low down, can be cranked right up for party's and also has in built battery where you can easily get 4 hours play time if at BBQs. Only down side is that you need attachment for streaming but does have a aux in.

You will certainly not be disappointed when compared to sonos 3 or Bose as they were what I wanted originally.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I looked at the rcube, there about £170 but as you said I'll need an airport express which brings it to over £200.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Urgh, I dislike Bose. Cheap quality components (crap drivers and paper cones) and good marketing. Definitely go Sonos or if you can B&W.

http://nyet.org/bose/

Poor. Didn't bother reading after the opening words included "audio enthusiasts"- a select group of people who could be outwitted by dappy.

Btw, the Soundlink mini is awesome.

2014 Focus Titanium
Poor. Didn't bother reading after the opening words included "audio enthusiasts"- a select group of people who could be outwitted by dappy.

That's a little weird but, ok. There's a reason why Bose are never recommended on places like AVForums.

Last edited:
  SQ5
Most people that have Bose have never heard a decent similar price proper surround system with some decent speakers!

2014 Focus Titanium
Most people that have Bose have never heard a decent similar price proper surround system with some decent speakers!

Then again, this thread is about iPhone speakers.

I'm not hear to say that he should buy a £1000 Onkyo amplifier and a £2000 Monitor speaker package, all I'm saying is that for the a reasonable budget you can get much better stuff. For one, Sonos is better (similar price), and the B&W Zeppelin is also better. There are other brands which are better too, but I just wanted to point out in case he didn't already know that Bose aren't what they are cracked up to be and he can get more for his money. That's all I'll say on the matter, I won't turn this into a slagging match :star:

late 2003 172cup
I personally would go Sonos, mate of mine has the zeppelin, it sounds good but a sonus with a sub would kick its ring. Plus the Sonos stuff works with the tablets and smart tv's I am led to believe. Nice product to have and build with.

Civic FN2 Track Car
The fact that Bose never release any specs say's a lot about them imo.

The only reason they don't release specs is so that you go to a store and hear the difference for your self. Sound is subjective everyone hears something different. If they said one of there speakers was X watts and X Ohms and X-X frequency response range. From those figures would you know how it sounded?

2014 Focus Titanium
The only reason they don't release specs is so that you go to a store and hear the difference for your self. Sound is subjective everyone hears something different. If they said one of there speakers was X watts and X Ohms and X-X frequency response range. From those figures would you know how it sounded?

LMAO!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I personally would go Sonos, mate of mine has the zeppelin, it sounds good but a sonus with a sub would kick its ring. Plus the Sonos stuff works with the tablets and smart tv's I am led to believe. Nice product to have and build with.

No s**t, separates sound better!

Spend the same amount on something like B&W 686 and a half decent amp and it will sound better still lol.

Also the zeppelin works with tablets/phones etc..

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Last edited by a moderator: