ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bose soundlink 10 vs Sonus Play1

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Looking to spend some decent money on a speaker. Added bonus of these is more can be added on and to create multi room etc.

Anyone any experiences of either?

Edit: soundtouch not link, my apologies.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
We have the Sonos at home, and my parents have the Bose. I think the Sonos is better in every way, the only preference I had with the Bose is the remote control, but the app is more than fine for the Sonos.

Reactions: RDH

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Having looked online the majority of reviews do say the sonus is worth the extra buck just wanted to see if anyone had any hands on experiences.

Shame I've waited until after they've put their prices up 25% lol.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The Play:1 is an absoulte blinding speaker, it really does sound very good - fantastic bass, I personally think it's way better than the original Play:5 that I have.

Not had any issues with it with volume. Started with a single Play:1 as a test....and ended up with

Playbar
Sub
Play:1 x2
Play:5
Sonos Connect

330i. E30 Touring.
I'm a Sonos fanboy too. the app is brilliant to use.

I haz a Play 5 and a Play 1 currently, and i have to say the 1 has a properly impressive amount of power compared to the 5. Sound quality is much better on the 5 obvs though.

330i. E30 Touring.
With the Sonos do you ever feel it isn't loud enough?
With one play 1, it's unlikely to fill a room with sound. Get 2/3 and balance them using the app and it's amazing- you can walk through a room and not hear the sound change.

They're not deafeningly loud, granted, but still noisy enough.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'm a Sonos fanboy too. the app is brilliant to use.

I haz a Play 5 and a Play 1 currently, and i have to say the 1 has a properly impressive amount of power compared to the 5. Sound quality is much better on the 5 obvs though.

You got the newer 5? I've never been majorly impressed with the old 5 (I got it cheap direct from Amazon Spain when the euro was at a fantastic rate and they had a stupid discount on), that might be because of the narrower sound stage compared to two Play:1's.

But yeah, it gets a bit addictive! Trueplay is immense as well, once you've trained the room you will be amazed at the difference in sound.

Still pisses me off that the playbar doesn't show the Tv input signal type on the main screen (you have to go through about my sonos), that's a basic thing that all AV systems show so you know that the audio is correct! Spent ages watching stuff from the PS4 in stereo because the PS4 was picking DTS as the soundtrack and the TV was denying it and then falling back onto stereo for some reason.

330i. E30 Touring.
You got the newer 5? I've never been majorly impressed with the old 5 (I got it cheap direct from Amazon Spain when the euro was at a fantastic rate and they had a stupid discount on), that might be because of the narrower sound stage compared to two Play:1's.

But yeah, it gets a bit addictive! Trueplay is immense as well, once you've trained the room you will be amazed at the difference in sound.

Still pisses me off that the playbar doesn't show the Tv input signal type on the main screen (you have to go through about my sonos), that's a basic thing that all AV systems show so you know that the audio is correct! Spent ages watching stuff from the PS4 in stereo because the PS4 was picking DTS as the soundtrack and the TV was denying it and then falling back onto stereo for some reason.

Nah, my 5's an old one too. I use my 5 as the main source in the room, then have the play 1 behind a chair in the other corner to balance it. Works really well TBH.

I will be getting the bar and sub once i've done the kitchen and bathroom though! Seen it in action at my cousin's and it's pretty much a must have for me now. lol

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Nah, my 5's an old one too. I use my 5 as the main source in the room, then have the play 1 behind a chair in the other corner to balance it. Works really well TBH.

I will be getting the bar and sub once i've done the kitchen and bathroom though! Seen it in action at my cousin's and it's pretty much a must have for me now. lol

Ahh, that probably helps quite a bit!

TBH, mine is in our bedroom and it's not in an ideal location.

Yep, the playbar is ace. I know it's expensive and there probably are a whole load of other systems that are a bucket load cheaper and daresay some of them better, but I just love how the Sonos all hooks up.

The playbar has impressive bass, let alone when combined with he sub! When I added the sub I didn't realise it did a calibration at fairy high volume, fortunately I did it in the afternoon and not late at night when I was going to! Child thought a plane had hit the house! [emoji23]

I listen to metal & rock mainly and I'm amazed at how much extra the sub adds to music, completely transformed some albums that were getting on a bit.

Just glad I got all my kit before Sonos bumped the prices up!

330i. E30 Touring.
Yeah, that's the thing - they are bloody expensive. If you wanted just a surround sound package for the TV alone, then you could easily get better quality stuff for less, but like you say, the ability to link it all together, play it all through your phone etc (ignoring the aesthetics also) is worth the extra IMO...

They seem to hold their money which is a good thing though... Subs and playbars still sell on ebay second hand for £1k or so.. I hadn't noticed they'd bumped up so much - old stock of the previous bar and sub were £599 each about 6 months ago. £699 now. ):

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Can a play 1 be linked to your TV?

I'm more after the quality of the sound over loundness, neighbours joined either side of me dictates I'll never likely be playing anything overly loud.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Can a play 1 be linked to your TV?

I'm more after the quality of the sound over loundness, neighbours joined either side of me dictates I'll never likely be playing anything overly loud.
No, I don't think it can alone. You'd need a Play:5 or Soundbar to do that

Reactions: RDH

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
They seem to hold their money which is a good thing though... Subs and playbars still sell on ebay second hand for £1k or so.. I hadn't noticed they'd bumped up so much - old stock of the previous bar and sub were £599 each about 6 months ago. £699 now. ):

I think I paid about £420 each for the Playbar and Sub (including delivery and exchange rate) direct from Amazon Spain & Italy! That's a serious discount now compared to their current prices!

330i. E30 Touring.
I think I paid about £420 each for the Playbar and Sub (including delivery and exchange rate) direct from Amazon Spain & Italy! That's a serious discount now compared to their current prices!
Jesus, i'd buy them both now at that price. lol