ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought a 172 today- its now on a RAC flatbed

www.renparts.co.uk
£300 seems a lot to change coil pack/ leads / plugs to me but at least you are getting it sorted, and should have it back quicker that having a new engine fitted! :)

ph1-172
should have a chat with the mechanic that quoted £300 get him to raise it to £500 on the invoice, split the £200 between you and him. he gets a new spanner or two and you get some free jungle juice

LY R26 #288
should have a chat with the mechanic that quoted £300 get him to raise it to £500 on the invoice, split the £200 between you and him. he gets a new spanner or two and you get some free jungle juice

Good idea that. Thats if he manages to get money back from the trader.

Yeah i just want it sorted tbh, im not overly confident that this is going to sort the problem ...this time tommorow i should know more

LY R26 #288
Yeah i just want it sorted tbh, im not overly confident that this is going to sort the problem ...this time tommorow i should know more

Have faith mate. I can't really see why a valve would just drop, especially if you were doing somthing like 30mph.

clio sport 172
You"ll love once it's back to normal! Had mine 8years and still not bored :D glad u don't have to pay thru the @$$ to get it fixed!

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Had a similar problem with a transit which a mate bought! Seller actually told us to f**k off. After telling him we will parking the van on his desk, he kindly sent us a cheque for £500 LOL!

Clio S & VW T5

Good idea to post this on a public forum (which the garage may well check if you take him to court)

Z4
Because they are a business, they CANNOT sell a car without a warranty. SOLD AS SEEN, TRADE SALE etc no longer exists. If you are a business that sells cars, every single car you sell must be fit for purpose. Not even getting the car home is deemed as not fit for purpose...

Just trust me mate, ring Consumer direct. I use them when I get nob head customers and they are 10% and straight down the line helping both traders and consumers.

When I bought my M I noticed a slight rumble at the end of my test drive and commented on it, the dealer explained its all ok etc and its got an all inc warranty so I didn't think too much of it.

Went back to buy the car a few days later and noticed the tyre had been off as it still had the flux stuff on the tyre, pointed this out and he claimed as a saleman he didn't know anything about it etc

Drove back home, got about 5-10 miles and I have to pull over as I've got a bloody flat tyre on the M25! Coninsidentily it happened to be the tyre with the flux stuff on it....

Had to get the AA out etc for a new tyre (no spare in an M!) and lets just say it cost me. Called the dealer and they were having none of it, claimed I must have gotten a puncture on the way. Unfortunately the tyre had not been patched so I don't think I have a leg to stand on.

Thoughts? Sorry for the thread hi-jack but this massively annoyed me! do you think consumer direct could/could have helped?

I will name and shame the company if needs be, wasn't a cheap 2nd hand dealership either, looked very legit! C*unts.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sadly not a lot you can do with punctures. Its a really hit and miss situation.

Z4
Sadly not a lot you can do with punctures. Its a really hit and miss situation.

That's what I thought :( Nevermind, it's just so blatantly obvious they were pulling a fast one, scum bags. Karma played its part a little though, before I picked it up they had to replace a seized brake calliper, not cheap! I bet they used a fair bit of the profit on that, thus not replacing the tyre!

The garage is Junction 25 in Enfield. http://www.junction25carsales.co.uk

1.2 clio
hello i was talking about ur problem to my m8 who is a dealer... he said even if u didnt buy a warranty by law!! its under some kind of act i cant remember what but its covered for up to 6months as long as its not wear and tare related.... but he also said if u ask them to fix it if they refuse 3 times u can take legal action and take them to court ect ect ...

All sorted now guys, will wait and see what i get back from the trader but im just relieved it wasnt a major problem. It was one of the most stressful weekends iv had so everyones advice was/is really apprechiated

172DD Cup
If you get nowhere with him in the phone be sure to stick it in writing.

Anyway, glad the car is sorted. Enjoy it.

fine advice. i would put it in writing anyway, even if they agree to your demands. a letter has much more oomph in court (if it goes that far) than a telephone conversation! and if they agree to your demands and change their mind, you've got your letter saying "with reference to our telephone conversation on such and such a date you agreed to fix blah blah"