ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake bleeding issues , system has been dry for a long time !

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Me and my mate have been trying to bleed my clio 172 today , the car has been off the road for years and has had new calipers fitted so the system has been dry for some time ! We've put new fluid in today and spent
Afew hours trying to bleed the system unsucessful . The new fluid has gone through the system and no air bubbles is now coming out calipers but the pedal is still very soft and going to the floor .

Any advice what I need to do ? Could the master cylinder be knackered from being off the road and dry for a long time possibly ?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah, mitivac and electronic actuation of the abs solenoids should fix this.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Sounds like the car will need to be taken somerwhere ? It's got no tax or mot yet . It's been a long project !

Will Birchdown have what I need ?

Clio 182
I've dislodged bubbles out of abs pumps by going on loose ground and slamming the brake pedal to get the abs pump working but it's a pikey method.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Yeah still have abs boys , abs light is on ! Car has been on drive years and had no calipers for a while !

Thought it must be summit as the pedal just doesn't get hard !

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I have an r s tuner but I've not bought a map for it yet to download . Can I buy a map and the abs programmes ?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
can you just buy the ABS software and load it on or do you have to specify originally on order ?
Ive not bought a license to load a 98 ron map yet so can I link it to my car ?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Will have to see what I can get hols off . Might get the abs software for my rs tuner if it's compatible

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Im going to use rs tuner and abs software , will I need a Mittyvac to
Draw the air out calipers one by one or will pumping the pedal and opening the bleed nipple work the same boys ? Also do people think that my master cylinder may need replacing as I removed my calipers so reservoir went dry and in not getting a pedal pressure what's so ever ?

dan's cast offs.
hell of a lot easier with mityvac, can't remember the last time i didn't use one when i was bleeding brakes?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Yeah it's just there like £50 and not sure if I might need to by a master cylinder too