ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pad part numbers?

cattlerustler

ClioSport Club Member
  Exige S Clio Cup
Does anyone know the correct part numbers for performance friction or carbon lorraine pads for my 53 plate Clio Cup? I need front and rear pads, a couple of suppliers have suggested there could be multiple versions?
Thanks

ITB'd MK1
I know with the CL's there's the RC5 and the RC5+ which is meant to be lower squeel and kinder to disks. That may be what they mean.

What are you using them for? Those are some seriously hardcore compounds, and none are suited for road use.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
CL Brakes 4026 for the front and 4034 for the rear
RC5 are not made anymore as they were replaced by the rc5+. The RC5+ works well for a road pad, though its worth using some anti rattle paste as they are undersized to allow for expansion as they heat up with use.

cattlerustler

ClioSport Club Member
  Exige S Clio Cup
These is for my track car, so the only road use is to and from the track, not worried then about road manners, they just have to work on the road.

cattlerustler

ClioSport Club Member
  Exige S Clio Cup
Ok, so are there any specific recommendations for track only based pads, I use performance friction in my other car but have heard good thing about CL5's

GB 182 FF
I ran 97's on the road for a fair while... they were fantastic pads imho. Rather vicious once you got some heat into them too! From cold they were still better than the OEM pads available for the plastic skip lol

Only draw back is they muller your discs and flock your wheels with steel so in the rain they go orangey brown :)