ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes, Pads, Tyres they all need changing... advice please !!!!

clio sport 197
My clio sport 197 has just been in for its 2nd year service and im being told it needs all new discs and pads after only 17k from new. i find this hard to believe so im seeking a second opinion. In the mean time can someone suggest a good source for replacement front discs AND pads and which pads to get. Also i need 2 new tyres can someone reckomend a particular set for a 197 i was thinking along the lines of eagle F1's Finally i have one of those stereo's that sits under the seat with the 6 disc changer in the dash how can i connect my ipod to it as it has an AUX facility but no connector. Renault quoted just over £200 for the privaledge but for that price i'll sing on the longer journeys. Any help what so ever would be greatfully received thanks.

Lionel Richie
did renault tell you that? they've told one of my customers "your brakes are 70% worn sir"

they were 24hours old!

i would seek a 2nd opinion!!!!

clio sport 197
It was serviced in Arnold clarke renault branch in dundee scotland so its safe to say im never going back there again i'd advise everyone to steer clear, its never seen a track day in its life and yeah i sought a 2nd opinion the discs are absolutely fine and the pads are still at 50% even though the renault servicing people said they were almost gone completely. so brakes are off the menu but i still need 2 new tyres any suggestions?

I hope you got back to Arnold Clarke dealership and told them you sought a 2nd opinion and that either their technicians are incompetent or that they're trying to rip you off or both and that because of this, recommending all on a Renault owners club to steer clear of their dealership.

Golf GTD Mk7
^^ amen. Takes the piss when dealers do this. Saying that, it not just dealers that push their luck, i've had a few garages try similar stuff.
Tyre wise, if you want Michellin, costco are the best for price.