ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes too sharp

Clio 172 Phase 2
just had my pads changed front and back, done about 200 miles and they are bedded in, however, the brake pedal donesn't feel as springy and a slight noise is coming from them. when i brake it seems to brake really hard even when i tap on them??

Anyone else experienced this or know what my probem could be?

Not a Clio
correct me if i'm wrong but if the master cylinder is on the way out the brakes will be shite - foot to the floor jobby.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
haribo8 said:
just had my pads changed front and back, done about 200 miles and they are bedded in, however, the brake pedal donesn't feel as springy and a slight noise is coming from them. when i brake it seems to brake really hard even when i tap on them??

Anyone else experienced this or know what my probem could be?

i've changed mine to power slot discs and pagid fr pads all round, they have done around 300 miles and are still very sharp, figure they just need running in more.

If the master clyinder had gone the pedal would as simon said go to the floor there very little resistance.
It could just be that your not used to the brakes as they are.
Most peoples problems with brakes are down to them not being good enough not being to good.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
edde said:
If the master clyinder had gone the pedal would as simon said go to the floor there very little resistance.
It could just be that your not used to the brakes as they are.
Most peoples problems with brakes are down to them not being good enough not being to good.

Edde they are very new, they need a good session of abuse then they will be a lot better. Happens to me every time i change pads after the first track day they are a lot better (progressive).