ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Here's a few pics of the car that were sent to me prior to going up to view the car:
IMG_3092.jpg
IMG_3093.jpg
IMG_3095.jpg
IMG_3096.jpg
IMG_3098.PNG
IMG_3099.PNG
IMG_3100.PNG

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
@NorthloopCup

Hi Mark, apologies for not checking in sooner but been a manic weekend with working 12 hour nights. So glad you like the car matey and thanks for the kind comments.
This car is a real real gem and I kept it immaculate but I got to the point of being a bit OCD with it and not wanting to drive it in case it got a stone chip which kind of took a little bit of fun out it for me.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
@NorthloopCup

Hi Mark, apologies for not checking in sooner but been a manic weekend with working 12 hour nights. So glad you like the car matey and thanks for the kind comments.
This car is a real real gem and I kept it immaculate but I got to the point of being a bit OCD with it and not wanting to drive it in case it got a stone chip which kind of took a little bit of fun out it for me.
No problem at all Paul! Rest assured it's come to a good home mate. I'll not be using it all that regular either, so every trip out will be enjoyable.

Not sure it'll be as memorable as that hump back bridge on the test drive though!😂

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I thought Mossy only bought clios! Having met him and seen his, sorry your, alien and his trophy I can genuinely say I wish I could keep my cars as mint. Great buy.

Thanks for the kind words mate. If you saw the state of the Trophy at the moment you wouldn't be saying this, lol - it's ditched :)

Oh and I have also got a Renault 5 and only 2 Clio's now ;)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Not sure it'll be as memorable as that hump back bridge on the test drive though!😂

That was very funny and to see the grin on your face was awesome mate :) I also remember my mate taking me out in his XR2 back in the late 90's and taking off on them - great fun.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
@NorthloopCup

Ah was your car. Makes sense how immaculate it looks/is. Top work

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Looks lovely that, perfect with those wheels, the colour, the spoiler and the seats.

Look forward to seeing what you do with it!
Whoah back!! Lol! There will be nothing done to this that is as extreme as the cup was mate.

One thing I am definitely going to do though, is drive it and enjoy myself in it.

Congrats on the little one Mark, must be stoked.
Cheers Neil! Yes I am properly chuffed to be a dad! It has meant that we aren't able to come to James and Sophie's wedding though, which I'm properly gutted about tbh. She would only be 4 weeks old though, and myself and natalie have decided it wouldn't be fair to put her in the baby seat for a good 2.5hr journey time each way, and not to mention if she decides to use her voice during the ceremony! It's definitely a wounder mate. :sweat:

That looks lovely, I'm afraid that I'm a classic Italian man at heart though so my prized possession is the arch rival from back in the day
View attachment 169934
Ah yes the rare uno turbo! I remember back in the day reading a max power article where the lad that owned one hand polished the calipers!! He had a tidy bird, but would rather hand polish the calipers!! Lol! I know what I would've been using my hands on. :wink:

Lovely looking motor mate!

I looked at a few of these before I bought the Occy VRS and the wife convinced me that the VRS was more the practical car to have... all the best with the little one too! I take it, she's your first child?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Lovely looking motor mate!

I looked at a few of these before I bought the Occy VRS and the wife convinced me that the VRS was more the practical car to have... all the best with the little one too! I take it, she's your first child?
Thank you! I can't take the credit for how it looks currently though! That's all down to the previous owner!
Cheers! Hahaha! Yeah she's the first one.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Neil! Yes I am properly chuffed to be a dad! It has meant that we aren't able to come to James and Sophie's wedding though, which I'm properly gutted about tbh. She would only be 4 weeks old though, and myself and natalie have decided it wouldn't be fair to put her in the baby seat for a good 2.5hr journey time each way, and not to mention if she decides to use her voice during the ceremony! It's definitely a wounder mate. :sweat:

Fair play man, Was going to ask if you were coming - would have been good to put a face to a name but your reasonings are obviously valid. Maybe another day. Enjoy parenthood and enjoy the new car

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Fair play man, Was going to ask if you were coming - would have been good to put a face to a name but your reasonings are obviously valid. Maybe another day. Enjoy parenthood and enjoy the new car
Yeah we were all set for coming tbh mate. Yes definitely would've been nice! I'm sure there will be plenty of other times though.
I intend on doing just that for both things mate!

FFS! As well as congratulating you on your new purchase I was fully intending to congratulate you on the new arrival! I could have sworn I had done... Anyways mate, congratulations! best wishes to the Loop Clan :smile:
Lol! No problem at all mate! 😂 Thanks! :up:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ok so a little update on the AG....

I've had a bit of an opportunity to make a little bit more progress shall we say! Heard the beep for the limiter a good few times now, and I think they're deceptive for how quick you are actually covering ground. Obviously up to 70mph. :wink:
The 6 speed box certainly works very nicely with the f4r 832 motor. I'd go as far as saying the ratios are about perfect!

Only thing I have found a bit strange is the throttle body gives you a feeling of turbo lag! 😂 It's only when you get to over 3500rpm that the throttle body seems to wake itself up! Other than that, I'm still exploring the handling - which is immense. I think drifting the 200 will require a bit more speed than the cup did. Lol!

Megane r26
Some inspirational footage for you shagger

Next time though I'll be there, post note to the bumper kind of tutoring haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk