ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Really sad to read this. Definitely my favourite build, and the one I show to my car friends that aren't on Cliosport.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Sad to see the car being broken, but as you say there is always a point where its time to move on from projects. Flying a spit though :up:

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Yeah it's a shame there aren't any 2 seater Hurricanes as that would be my first choice, or even a mosquito tbh!!

Yes I agree mate it is a shame, but everything has a beginning and an end. Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate that people have taken the time to read through the waffle and comment on the thread. It's just worth more in bits than as a complete car unfortunately mate, plus it contains my blood sweat and tears!

Interesting, why the Hurricane over the Spitfire? I'd be happy with any of them to be honest! Have you looked much into prices for doing it?

I know what you mean. It's a shame that cars of this nature usually end up being broken, but it's the only way to get anything like a sensible return sadly. Had any thoughts on the engine? Dare I even ask that question lol.

Also, I knew I should have come to see it before you went to the 'ring! I hope I didn't curse you by saying that lol.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Really sad to read this. Definitely my favourite build, and the one I show to my car friends that aren't on Cliosport.
Thanks for the kind words mate. I'm sure parts of the cup will live on on the forum anyway.

Sad to see the car being broken, but as you say there is always a point where its time to move on from projects. Flying a spit though :up:
Yeah this is it mate. I've been messing about with cars since I was 17/18 and I'm now 37, so it's time for a break. And 2 wheels.

Interesting, why the Hurricane over the Spitfire? I'd be happy with any of them to be honest! Have you looked much into prices for doing it?

I know what you mean. It's a shame that cars of this nature usually end up being broken, but it's the only way to get anything like a sensible return sadly. Had any thoughts on the engine? Dare I even ask that question lol.

Also, I knew I should have come to see it before you went to the 'ring! I hope I didn't curse you by saying that lol.
Well the Hurricane was THE unsung hero of the Battle of Britain. Yes, it wasn't as superior as the Spitfire, but it was the aircraft responsible for bringing down the raiding bombers. The ME 109's were left to the Spits mainly. Everyone associates the Battle of Britain with the Spitfire, and I much prefer the underdog in these situations!

Price wise it's £2750 for a 30 minute flight, for which you are airborne for 20! You can request sightseeing or aerobatics, or a mix of the 2, so I'd be wanting to do a few victory roles for definite!!

Nah you didn't curse it mate. I think myself and @BIGASH did a pretty s**t hot job of doing that ourselves as we are still living that dream now! Speeding fine anyone? Lol

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Well the Hurricane was THE unsung hero of the Battle of Britain. Yes, it wasn't as superior as the Spitfire, but it was the aircraft responsible for bringing down the raiding bombers. The ME 109's were left to the Spits mainly. Everyone associates the Battle of Britain with the Spitfire, and I much prefer the underdog in these situations!

Price wise it's £2750 for a 30 minute flight, for which you are airborne for 20! You can request sightseeing or aerobatics, or a mix of the 2, so I'd be wanting to do a few victory roles for definite!!

Nah you didn't curse it mate. I think myself and @BIGASH did a pretty s**t hot job of doing that ourselves as we are still living that dream now! Speeding fine anyone? Lol

I can understand that. The Hurricane was always a bit of an ugly duckling next to the Spit but it was definitely the workhorse, you're right there.

That's a lot of money, but I think it would be worth every penny. They have flown over my house on the odd occasion (a Lancaster did too actually, the Canadian one) and they are just mesmerising, even from the ground. To go up in one would just be amazing. A real once in a lifetime job. Money well spent and I look forward to hearing your report afterwards!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
If anyone is interested in the shell, please get in touch. I'll be making a start on dismantling the car over the coming weeks.

The shell will come with all panels, p4p polycarbs, rear beam with PMS bearing kit, GENUINE Renaultsport mk3 cup racer roof vent, flocked dash, weld in seat rails, full weld in custom cages clubman cage + much more. This is a good solid shell and would only need front suspension and wheels to make it moveable.

Message me for more details.

EVO 4LEX

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R and a 172 Cup
Still interested in the rad set up if it doesn't go with the engine Mark! :up:

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Sad to hear mate :( but the flying thing sounds amazing!

Will you still tinker with boxes and racks for fellow CSers?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Sad to hear mate 😧 but the flying thing sounds amazing!

Will you still tinker with boxes and racks for fellow CSers?
All good things come to an end at some point mate, so it is what it is for me. Yeah they're fully booked until into next year now, but I'm not too stressed as I don't mind holding off until next summer anyway!

I imagine I'll still do gearbox refreshes and the steering rack stuff mate.
I didn't realise he was into that kind of thing lol.
Lol! I'm a big fan of a nice 'rack' mate. Boxes have to belong females though before I'll look at them. 😂

Clio 200
Hi mate, don't suppose you got a copy of the dyno graph have you? Wouldn't mind seeing the shape the R3 cams give, I'm having a set profiled to see the duration and lift etc, trying to amass as much mk3 cam info as possible before I go 'big'! :)

Also, I know you went mk3 head on mk2 block - I've heard of someone doing a mk2 head on mk3 block and well even though it's meant to be a fully tricked build, the results are dire. In your experience with these 2 platforms, can you see there being an issue with a mk2 head on mk3 block?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hi mate, don't suppose you got a copy of the dyno graph have you? Wouldn't mind seeing the shape the R3 cams give, I'm having a set profiled to see the duration and lift etc, trying to amass as much mk3 cam info as possible before I go 'big'! :smile:

Also, I know you went mk3 head on mk2 block - I've heard of someone doing a mk2 head on mk3 block and well even though it's meant to be a fully tricked build, the results are dire. In your experience with these 2 platforms, can you see there being an issue with a mk2 head on mk3 block?
The graph is a few pages back mate.

Yeah I can see the problem immediately. The mk2 head is s**t. The ports are too big and had material removed from the wrong areas, they're the wrong design and the valves are also shrouded.

Combustion chamber on the mk3 head is far superior, as are the port shapes/design.

Clio 200
ah yeah cheers, found it.

yeah the mk2 head seems a strange starting point to me, but was thinking more any physical constraints to using it as apparently it's down around 50bhp and 40ftlb!
However yeah I'd forgotten just how much difference there is, so perhaps it's on a mk3 itb setup and of course the ports are way out of alignment :\ Gotta be something fairly obvious I'd have thought for that amount. cheers

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ok so here's a little update for you all, that you may be pleased to see.

Cuppaloop has a daughter and a new wip. :wink:

This morning myself and @not normal dan went up to view a beautiful AG 200. It fits the bill in terms of spec and is now residing on my drive!
IMG_3088.jpg
To say I'm chuffed with it would be an understatement!! Plans for it currently are to just enjoy it, and going off the test drive/drive home, I'm gonna be having a f**k ton of fun!!

And this is the reason why I am back in 4 wheels instead of mooching on 2!
IMG_3047.JPG
She's 3 weeks old and already aware that she's not allowed boyfriends or any of that other nasty stuff. 😂

adir

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Congratulating my friend..!
Very pleased to see you didn't go for 2 wheels, and the co's for that is pretty awesome !

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
It looks crap :tonguewink:

Shame you couldn't pop round, was looking forward to a cuppa and a mooch round the AG :up:

I was too busy putting floor boards down anyway!!

Can only imagine the ride home 🙈

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It looks crap :tonguewink:

Shame you couldn't pop round, was looking forward to a cuppa and a mooch round the AG :up:

I was too busy putting floor boards down anyway!!

Can only imagine the ride home 🙈
It drives as crap as it looks! Lol!

Yeah I know mate, but I'm sure there will be other times.

You get all the best jobs!