ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bucket Seat Fitting Question

clio 182
Hello im looking on ebay for some used bucket seats for my 172 track project. I have searched on here but im still confused on what i need to fit them to the car. Is it just a subframe which i need? or do i need something called a side mount bracket aswell? as far as i know the subframe bolts on to the floor of the car and the seat fits directly on to the subframe? i know theres universal seat runners available too which i can use if i wanted adjustment of the seat.

Can someone please explain it all to me lol, thanks

Clio 172 Merc ML55
You will need a mounting system of some kind yes, whether it's side or base mounts (this depends on the seats you buy as different manufacturers use either of the above, some use both)

To cut a long story short you'll need a subframe, either side or base mounts (this depends on your seat and whether you want to be able to slide the seat forward and back), and obviously a bucket seat, plus the fixings required to hold everything together.

Ads

Clio 172 Merc ML55
They should work fine mate, just make sure the seats you buy are compatible with base mounted runners, as I said before you can make them work with side mounts but base ones are easier

They should work with base mounted seats.

I would advise not getting runners though. Get the seat in the position you want it and leave it there. Unless you have different people often driving your car. Although my dad drives my car without issue and he's shorter than me, so I'd get it how you want it and make anyone else make do.

I had those OMP subframes and those sliders and the seating position was far too high. I'm 6'2