ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Budget" 172 Cup Track Car

Clio Cup
Well Thought id Start a little write up

Here is my (our) clio 172 cup , picked up last year for the princly Sum of 800 Quid - Me and 3 of my mates have bought this is a cheap Track car, no extended builds , nothing too fancy , cheap as we can , and so far i reckon we have achieved that aim , or at least i have 2 of the other 3 i woulndnt trust with a paper clip

Here She is as i started with her

Cup6.jpg

A Very Tidy Car , but was Written off after some Damage to the OS Rear quarter. Sold The wheels and Interior to 2 different memebers off here to recoup a couple of quid back for Goodies and This is how She Stands now

Clio.jpg

So , We have , Gaz Coil overs , Rear Camber Spacers -1.5 10mm , Front Camber Bolts , OZ F1s , A Cobra Imola Seat , Braided lines front and rear , Bolt in Half Cage
Marangoni zeta Linea Tyres , A phase 1 Airbox , an Odessy Race battery (currently Mounted in the engine bay until i move it) Koni Adjustable Rear Shocks , Oreca Steering Wheel

booked onto Oulton on the 25th Of March - So Brakes need Bleeding , new front pads , passenger Seat and Harness'

The Cost So Far INCLUDING buying the Car is £1100 Quid - Give or Take

Ive been Really lucky/crafty/pure cheeky by Getting alot of Stuff off this great Forum , Ebay and Generally Landing on things at the Right time - Like the OZ F1s Which Rolled in on a Car ready for Scrap and got them for £60

Id like to Say we will Dip under the £1500 bracket all done - Which Makes my Share of £350 pretty awesome if you ask me.

thanks For looking , ill get more pics up as an when.

Stu

Attachments

• Cup 6.jpg
    Cup 6.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 151

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Love idea of this and how you've gone about it and getting parts for it

Cheap and fun track day car, enjoy it mate

Clio Cup
Passed MOT

all im after now is a passenger seat really , Got a Cheapie used set of Mintex 1155s off here , Evol dogbone to fit too , and a oil and filter change

Apart from that she should be ready for Oulton Park on the 25th :mad:

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Passed MOT

all im after now is a passenger seat really , Got a Cheapie used set of Mintex 1155s off here , Evol dogbone to fit too , and a oil and filter change

Apart from that she should be ready for Oulton Park on the 25th :mad:

Pick me up on your way :)

Ph1 172
Nice little toy there mate would deffo paint the mirrors to match the wheels I deffo agree about the tunnel can't wait for mine to be done for a blast through it haha:D

Clio Cup
Done 2 Track Days March and May - March was wet , VERY wet , May Was Dry and awesome

Highlighted a couple of problems - a grabbing Caliper on the os which was fixed for the May track day and Then Overheated Discs - Well im presuming it was

Hit Brakes and nothing happened - Running Cheap Standard Discs and Mintex 1155 Pads - Ive got no Cold Air Feeds So that must be a Factor id hope and i was trying some left foot braking to quell a bit of understeer...............

Done 340 Miles on Track and hasnt really missed a Beat - Looking at trying to Do July 25th if we Can Here are a Few Pics From our days so Far - Already Planning a summer make over , pure motorsport suspension/wishbones and solid top mounts would be nice, Think the front shocks are getting Tired But i was told to get them refurbed when i got them , maybe increas spring rates

OH and it has been agreed to paint the mirrors to match the wheels

1599200_10152306472722458_392717425_o.jpg

1669911_10152306472942458_1010592670_o.jpg

Cliosign.jpg

tdq.jpg

td.jpg

tdt.jpg

tde.jpg

And so Far the 4 of us have contributed about £400ish quid to the Car and still managed about 15-20 laps each track day

Clio Cup
For me thats what its about - Cheap fun , Each day Costs us about 80-100 quid each - Probably what id spend on a saturday night out

Clio Cup
Well........ Update....... I move to the Nürburgring and the clio did 150+ laps over 2 seasons..... Started having niggly issues sol sold it and bought myself a 197.....